Capra Demon ( How do you Beat it, and what level should you be around)

#1ekg221980Posted 10/12/2011 7:24:54 AM
Can someone help please!
#2Nudi60Posted 10/12/2011 7:27:25 AM
Heard someone having defeated it at level 3 - but I have no way to verify that beside the forum post..
I think most people are 20-25 and its pretty much all about dodging the first 2 seconds of panic where you have the demon and two dogs coming at you with full force. After that, people often use the stairs in the left corner to kill the dogs, which makes the boss itself a cakeway.
Whether you will be able to dodge the first head-on attack is pretty much luck, it seems.
#3ekg221980(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 7:29:27 AM
Nudi60 posted...
Heard someone having defeated it at level 3 - but I have no way to verify that beside the forum post..
I think most people are 20-25 and its pretty much all about dodging the first 2 seconds of panic where you have the demon and two dogs coming at you with full force. After that, people often use the stairs in the left corner to kill the dogs, which makes the boss itself a cakeway.
Whether you will be able to dodge the first head-on attack is pretty much luck, it seems.

Thanks!, Yea im getting owned in like 20 seconds.
#4Nudi60Posted 10/12/2011 7:32:59 AM
Same thing happened to me, but I was able to utilize the stairs to kill one dog after I made it out of the first few attacks alive, after that I jumped down and there is this small opening - the spawn point / idle point of one of the dogs (right one if you stand by the fog, looking at the boss. It seemed to me that the boss wasn't all out aggressive when I stood in here, so that gave me time to heal and kill the 2nd dog..
And again, as said before, the boss really is so much easier when he is alone.
#5GregojiraPosted 10/12/2011 7:36:10 AM
My advice is... get rid of the dogs first!

When you first walk through the fog gate, be prepared to either roll or dodge right towards the structure on your right... I've tried running past him to the left, and I get hung up on the dogs almost every time.

Once you get past his initial swing, you need to curve behind him and run up the narrow stairs running up the left side of the area and pause at the arch structure just to the right of the stair top. The dogs will usually run up first, so you can kill them quickly if you are lucky. The advantage of the stairs is that they are narrow and only one enemy at a time can go up, avoiding flanking attacks when fighting 3 enemies.
If you don't kill them both the first try, then repeat the strategy I outlined and keep dodging the Boss until both dogs are slaughtered.

The Capra Demon himself is much more straightforward...

You can simply dodge and circle strafe him for strikes from behind, carefully avoiding his big overhand leaping smash... and you'll be OK.

If you aren't confident with your dodging ability... then simply keep running up those steps and popping him at the top of the stairs when he gets stuck there sometimes is a slower but safer way to kill him. Also... if he is foolish enough to wait for you beneath that arch, DEFINITELY do a plunging attack on him from overhead! This will deplete his life by almost a full 1/3 in one shot!

I hope this helps;-)
#6ekg221980(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 7:48:16 AM
Thanks guys, I will try it again.

I should not be using magic at all correct. Maybe once the dogs are down,
#7twotimingpeterPosted 10/12/2011 7:50:35 AM
on my "alt" character, the capra demon was easy. because this time around I knew to pump up endurance early and get a strong shield and upgrade it, all stuff you CAN do early. I was able to block all his attacks, and honestly, he wasn't very hard. I was SL 19 or so.
#8ekg221980(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 7:54:15 AM
twotimingpeter posted...
on my "alt" character, the capra demon was easy. because this time around I knew to pump up endurance early and get a strong shield and upgrade it, all stuff you CAN do early. I was able to block all his attacks, and honestly, he wasn't very hard. I was SL 19 or so.

Yea my endurance is very low and everything else is very high. I have the dark knight shield but my endurance is only around 12 I believe. I put points in the wrong section for sure.
#9xerofyre0Posted 10/12/2011 7:54:29 AM
go human and summon someone, unledd you want to beat yourself in which case get your butt up the stairs and firebomb
---
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2011/05/re-discovering-dreamcast-jet-grind.html
#10hollowsinsPosted 10/12/2011 7:55:54 AM
Find and upgrade a decent shield, it' helps