BEST upgraded armor?

#1velvet_hammerPosted 10/12/2011 5:44:33 PM
Trying to finish my PvP set up. At the end of the game. Whats the best armor? I have Smoughs but its not upgradeable and I can only wear it IF I'm using havels ring. I'd like to use a different ring. Or if theres an armor with even better stats when upgraded I may keep the ring on.
---
There is nothing free except the grace of God
#2velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 5:56:27 PM
already on thirds page in a few minutes lol
---
#3XOblivionWolfXPosted 10/12/2011 6:04:52 PM

Im using the Giants Armor cuz it looks cool lol. Im intested in knowing what armor has the best stats too.

#4Blue-LavaPosted 10/12/2011 6:14:19 PM

I know Black Iron fully upgraded is among the best, just not exactly sure where it ranks.

#5DragonswkapPosted 10/12/2011 6:14:26 PM
I like fully upgraded Elite Knights armor, it's got high armor, and not very heavy to use.
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 3395 5826 5484 Name: Jack
#6ckdbombPosted 10/12/2011 6:31:32 PM
Havel's Armor has the highest Poise, also the highest weight.

Upgraded Giants armor has the highest defense (I think). It is slightly better than Smough's armor and a bit lighter.

Dunno what armor is best for magic resistance.
#7Fallen_RayeanPosted 10/12/2011 6:33:07 PM
...Smough's might just be better than Havel's armor, and I do believe it's heavier. God does it look horrible though, last time I ever summon phantoms to help me ease my way through a boss fight I've easily beaten before ><.
---
Isis Moriendo Renascor~
#8velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 6:43:50 PM
Fallen_Rayean posted...
...Smough's might just be better than Havel's armor, and I do believe it's heavier. God does it look horrible though, last time I ever summon phantoms to help me ease my way through a boss fight I've easily beaten before ><.

Smoughs has better stats AND is a tad lighter. Both cant be upgraded, I'm see theres some set when fully upgraded has better stats. I'm going to take a look at giants armor didnt know this was one you can upgrade. it is pretty heavy though
---
#9Fallen_RayeanPosted 10/12/2011 6:47:10 PM
Stone Giant Armor was also surprisingly interesting when I found it and still could be useful once upgraded...though I'm not too sure about it.

Unfortunately, all of my twinkling ores are caught in my pursuit of Maxing out the Brass Armor, because damn do I love how it looks.
---
Isis Moriendo Renascor~
#10ChimiStevePosted 10/12/2011 6:52:18 PM
Check this topic out
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60586953

It doesn't have the light armors but from the looks of it, Giant seems like one of the bests.

If you don't want the stamina regen penalty, then wearing the Black Iron with different leggings seems to be the way to go.
---
"I'm a man too you know, I go pee pee standing up"
Wimplow~Kung Pow