How to avoid being invaded

#11A_German_spyPosted 10/12/2011 8:19:17 PM
DahlVaughnni posted...
zh_jiaming posted...
Sure you can but I want to do the summoning too. Just need to understand the system better so I can game it to remove the enemy PVPers.

Apparently having a Dried Finger in your inventory reduces your invasions, but that's just hearsay for now. There are also covenants you can join to reduce invasions.

Incorrect.

USING the Dried Finger reduces the amount of time BETWEEN invasions in your own world. So it actually causes you to get invaded MORE frequently.
---
"A crouton is like a party, in your mouth." - DuneMan
Teil Troll, Teil Gelehrte, meist harmlos und 100% rein naturlichen deutscher Spion.
#12zeik56Posted 10/12/2011 8:19:18 PM
You should try demons souls, where you're lucky to get through a stage WITHOUT being invaded.

I went multiple playthroughs without being invaded. <_<
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#13zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 8:21:19 PM
Ok so coming back to the original question.

Scenario 1: When invaded a player goes to menu and quits game.
Scenario 2: When invaded a player suicides

Does this affect any of the following?

1. Souls held
2. Sin
3. Humanity
4. Status of Invader

I assume if you successfully log out before the invader finds you, there should be no penalties at all? If you suicide you have to get back to your bloodstain?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge comrades
#14A_German_spyPosted 10/12/2011 8:32:42 PM
zh_jiaming posted...
Ok so coming back to the original question.

If you attempt to access the "Quit Game" option during an invasion it will be grayed out and you won't be able to select it. You'd have to open your PS menu and either quite the game or log out of PSN. As for the consequences of doing so, I don't know because I've never tried. If someone invades me, I take the opportunity to enjoy some of the annoyingly hard-to-access multiplayer gameplay, lol.
---
Teil Troll, Teil Gelehrte, meist harmlos und 100% rein naturlichen deutscher Spion.
#15zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 8:34:47 PM
This sounds like a good option!

It should be identical from a programming point of view to a DC. I'll try it and let you know if there are penalties in soul, humanity or sin but I doubt it.

Feel free to comment if you know something wise forum.
#16FrogtkPosted 10/12/2011 8:36:45 PM
There are no penalties, stop asking about that. The game doesn't care if you're quitting out to the xmb, but that is the ONLY way outside of just pulling ethernet/power. You may however possibly corrupt your save or just lose time since the last auto save, which are common and constant. Games are designed so corruption doesn't happen to the best of their ability in these situations(power outage, kid takes out a memory card, etc), but it can happen which is why you always see the warnings about it.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#17strizifePosted 10/12/2011 8:38:08 PM
You can stay near bonfires where you won't be invaded. People can still put down their summon signs and you can summon people in that area.
#18gna647Posted 10/12/2011 8:41:11 PM
TC is playing the wrong game

go play another dungeon crawler that strictly co-ops. Seriously...
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lslzdjWc661qekt6no1_250.gif
#19akonimPosted 10/12/2011 8:41:20 PM
Not sure, but can you use the Black Seperation Crystal? It seems to point to sending phantoms back (not sure if that includes invaders tho').
#20A_German_spyPosted 10/12/2011 8:44:50 PM
akonim posted...
Not sure, but can you use the Black Seperation Crystal? It seems to point to sending phantoms back (not sure if that includes invaders tho').

Doesn't include invaders. And I hate to say this but I agree, I think TC is playing the wrong game. Might wanna try White Knight Chronicles, maybe.
---