Oh my God.....Ornstein and Smough on NG+ None should have to face this hell.....

#1JanneDaArc135Posted 10/13/2011 5:19:42 AM
Oh my God. I think I just spent the last 3 hours trying to kill these guys. I didnt really have a problem beating them on NG but on NG+ these guys are just insane. They seriously are on steroids. If you think they are bad on NG wait till you fight these guys on NG+ when they are 300x tougher (literally). I can finally understand when people were saying how much of a b**** these guys were.

They spam rush you until now tomorrow. I am a pyromancer and they just happen to be weak to fire which is good. The only problem is THEY DONT GIVE YOU AN OPENING TO USE IT. From the second you walk in Ornstein uses his move that like teleports him across the screen. Smough will follow right behind. I am not even joking about the ridiculous damage these guys do. 2 or 3 hits and you are dead. Not to mention if smough uses that one move where he plunges his hammer into you and then raises it up in one motion you are one hitted ko'ed no matter what your level or armor. I have a full havels set of armor on and was at sl 135 and he was still one hit koing me. Not only do you have no time to cast magic they swarm you into a corner so you cant get out and even if you tried the camera is horrible and only focuses on smoughs fat a** so you cant see anything but his stomache so you dont know where your going. Its funny cause a common pattern (even though I have 40 stamina) is smough will slam his hammer down to break my guard. Then ornstein will use his lunge attack to take off 40% of my health and by this time smough has recovered and attacks again to kill me. Its instant death.

If you by some miracle manage to kill one of them ( I was trying to get ornsteins armor so I tried killing smough first but it got so bad I just said screw it and killed whoever I could first which was ornstein cause he spams his lighting attack which does like 30% of my health even when I am blocking) then it becomes a lot more managable but then smogh gets his weapon electrifies which is even more cheaper because even when I block one of his attacks it still does around 40% of my health this time. And if he uses the hammer lunge and then sweep up on it, even if you are blocking you are dead.

I have never had such a cheap boss fight. You literally can not move at all because they are all over you. 3 hits, 2 if your unlucky and you are dead it doesnt matter what level or armor you wear.

Did anyone else have trouble with this fight on NG+? I cant even fathom people saying no way man it was easy because I know they must be lies. On NG+ nothing can even compare to the cheapness of that battle. I have just now finally beat them after a few hours and a half broken controller.

This battle crossed the line.
#2devak108Posted 10/13/2011 5:25:54 AM(edited)
I've been having nightmares about facing these guys in NG+, oh god this is going to be horrible :S

*cries*

EDIT- I dont know if you have played either of these games but how would these two compare to Alma from NGB/Sigma or Virgil from DmC3 vanilla? On high difficulty levels of course. Those two are the ones I think of when I think of bosses that made me want to rip my hair out.
#3Zealot121Posted 10/13/2011 5:21:20 AM
I managed to beat them on NG+ after about 45 minutes. When I finally did, I got hit once, and it was by Super-Ornstein's unblockable lightning charge thing.
---
Xbox Gamertag - Moogles
League of Legends - Moogles
#4JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 5:27:00 AM
devak108 posted...
I've been having nightmares about facing these guys in NG+, oh god this is going to be horrible :S

*cries*

EDIT- I dont know if you have played either of these games but how would these two compare to Alma from NGB or Virgil from DmC3 vanilla? On high difficulty levels of course. Those two are the ones I think of when I think of bosses that made me want to rip my hair out.

Yeah, I cant even tell you how much of a surprise it came to me to see how much stronger they were. I about s*** my pants. Easily one of the cheapest and most lopsided battles in history.
#5JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 5:28:51 AM
Zealot121 posted...
I managed to beat them on NG+ after about 45 minutes. When I finally did, I got hit once, and it was by Super-Ornstein's unblockable lightning charge thing.

Man I am impressed you actually killed smough first! I couldnt get that gay Ornstein away from me with his hugely overpowered thrust which pretty much goes across the screen and his stupid lightning shooting attack which still did 35% of my health even if I blocked. Did you manage to get his armor? I wanted it but after dying so many times I pretty much just took what I could get lol.
#6SackletPosted 10/13/2011 5:30:57 AM
lol? took me like 3 tries on NG+, even with super smough it was easy. I think the problem most people have is being patient and waiting for the right opportunity to get some pokes in. And yeah, u need to be able to dodge roll smoughs attacks (you can block them all but it can be risky)
---
psn: sackings-
#7JasonZ72Posted 10/13/2011 5:31:51 AM
Does Iron Flesh work? i haven't gotten to this point yet but I've wondered if it's going to be a serious roadblock for NG+.
#8xDark_ShinobiPosted 10/13/2011 5:33:33 AM
Four Kings are far worse in NG+
#9JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 5:34:18 AM
Sacklet posted...
lol? took me like 3 tries on NG+, even with super smough it was easy. I think the problem most people have is being patient and waiting for the right opportunity to get some pokes in. And yeah, u need to be able to dodge roll smoughs attacks (you can block them all but it can be risky)

I dont know what you did or what you did to be able to do that but the problem is not about waiting for the right opportunity as if you wait in that boss fight for anything you will die instantly. The problem is that you have no time to act. No time to use magic or let alone melee. They just pretty much ram you into a corner where you die. The only hope one has of surviving is too pretty much kill one so fast that you dont take too much damage and then nail the other.
#10SackletPosted 10/13/2011 5:35:09 AM
oh yeah and what u say about super smoughs attacks simply isnt true >.>, u can block his electric smash attack, provided u have enough stamina and a decent shield, and take around ~1/3 hp damage. I actually prefer to eat the damage than try to avoid it because if u get hit without blocking its OHKO
---
psn: sackings-