ATTN Fog Ring users

#1KyerofoxPosted 10/14/2011 5:24:03 AM
Stop being such a hobbit and throw that damn thing in the FREAKIN VOLCANO ALREADY!
---
PSN: Kyero
Dark Souls Name: Vahan
#2RadiozoPosted 10/14/2011 5:24:29 AM
I lol'd
---
PSN: RadiozoSE
#3overlorddwolfPosted 10/14/2011 5:24:59 AM
Shouldn't they need gollum to help them find the place first?
---
At least it can't get any worse. Ooooh but it can, for I am the ultimate soldier of chaos, d00d!!!!
#4AnnihilatorSolPosted 10/14/2011 5:25:08 AM
ATTN Newbies, stop relying on the lock on, and learn to adapt..

They are already sacrificing a useful ring slot for an anti lock on ring, and you still can't win..
#5FrogtkPosted 10/14/2011 5:26:36 AM
AnnihilatorSol posted...

They are already sacrificing a useful ring slot for an anti lock on ring, and you still can't win..

YEAH OMG NEWBS I RULE AT THIS GAME, THEY'RE GONNA MAKE ME PRESIDENT CAUSE I ROCK YOUR FACEZ ON DARK SOULS WITHOUT FOG RINGZ SO GET SKILLS!

Incase any of you have problems reading between the lines.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#6evilashxeroPosted 10/14/2011 5:29:19 AM
my precious, my love...
---
NO REFUGE
#7AnnihilatorSolPosted 10/14/2011 5:30:23 AM
Art thou done? May thine strength help the world be mended.
#8WiseTyefighterPosted 10/14/2011 5:31:23 AM

It's a very strong ring, it completely eliminates the ability to roll away from melee range because it triggers an automatic backstab.

Being able to lock on and strafe eliminates many lag related problems and the fog ring throws that whole mechanic out the window, it's bad manners for dueling.

Just don't use it while dueling. I haven't seen a single person doing that yet so obviously we're all on the same page.
#9TenHenPosted 10/14/2011 5:41:50 AM
I was invaded last night, and got to experience what its like to fight someone with this ring on.

I may not be the best at this game, i never did play a lot of PvP in Demon's Souls, but I can certainly say that it was less than fun facing off against this Phantom.

I tried the best I could to evade his attacks, but despite my scrambling, I was backstabbed three times, and then a few more swipes, which were difficult to block due to my opponents angle of attack, and I was done.

If winning is your only goal, the ring seems to be the way to to.
#10Sandor_ClausePosted 10/14/2011 5:51:01 AM
AnnihilatorSol posted...

Right, because any make that isn't using spells specifically to counter fog ring users will just have to "adapt". Same with anyone who uses a shield and ever wants to take a step backwards. And hell, how many spells are there that are even remotely effective without locking on and against a remotely competent human?

No, you're just full of crap. The game was built around locking on to enemies. Otherwise you would be able to walk backwards without turning around and aim magic manually.

But of course, according to you, mages should beat enemies to death with their catalysts. "But use your melee weapon!" Yeah, and then you're at a severe disadvantage compared to foggers who are built for melee. Not to mention that some rings mages carry will be useless when the majority of their spells are useless, so they're at even more of a disadvantage.

"But it's fair! You just have to be much better to be on even ground!"

You're nothing but an elitist and jerk. The Fog Ring is like having the ability to make opponents in a fighting game unable to block, without designing the character with it in mind.

Also, "learn to adapt" is the battle cry of people who don't know crap. Reminds me of the people who think items aren't all about luck in the Smash Bros. games. Enjoy having bombs spawning during your attack animations.