How do I make a TRUE Greatsword of Artorius??

#1AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/16/2011 10:36:03 PM
My first playthrough I made a "Greatsword of Artorius".

I used a Broken Straight Sword. It doesn't say True anywhere on it. I'm hearing it's one of the hardest hitting 2 handers, but the damage is pretty bad and it's @ +5.

I know there's also a Cursed greatsword you can make.

So how do you make the True Greatsword? Like I said, I know how to make a normal one, and a cursed one, but not the True one. I followed a list that someone here on gfaqs failed at.
---
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7 - Videos of Recently Released Games
#2lionhartwolfPosted 10/16/2011 10:37:28 PM
it doesnt say True on it thats just how we tell the difference. IIRC the easiest way is look at the scaling the true sword is C C B B the regular is C C C C
#3RachelLyonsPosted 10/16/2011 10:38:45 PM
You make the "true" greatsword with a Broken Sword HILT, which drops off the basic dredglings in the Undead Burg. There's no real indication that it's the "true" sword other than the stats.
#4AnatomyHorror(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2011 10:40:06 PM
Weird, so both of the swords are named Greatsword of Artorias?

It says this on the wiki

Greatsword of Artolias: Craft with Soul of Sif with a Straight Sword.
True Greatsword of Artolias: Craft with Soul of Sif with a Broken Sword or Swort Hilt.
---
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7 - Videos of Recently Released Games
#5AnatomyHorror(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2011 10:40:39 PM

You make the "true" greatsword with a Broken Sword HILT, which drops off the basic dredglings in the Undead Burg. There's no real indication that it's the "true" sword other than the stats.

Alright so I guess I already made it because my first game I took my faith and int up to 20 just to use it.
---
#6KingShadePosted 10/16/2011 10:40:47 PM
RachelLyons posted...

you can make it with a regualr broken sword, and you know its the true greatsword when its a) not cursed and b) it does magic damage and c) the stats are c/c/b/b
---
"Compassion is the enemy. Mercy defeats us."
#7RachelLyonsPosted 10/16/2011 10:41:45 PM
Yes, they both have the same name. I'm not quite sure if there's a difference, but I've always used the broken sword hilt. I was flipping back and forth between a regular straight sword, and the hilt and the attack stats jumped from +6 to around +80, if I'm remembering right.
#8lionhartwolfPosted 10/16/2011 10:42:53 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Weird, so both of the swords are named Greatsword of Artorias?

It says this on the wiki

Greatsword of Artolias: Craft with Soul of Sif with a Straight Sword.
True Greatsword of Artolias: Craft with Soul of Sif with a Broken Sword or Swort Hilt.

yeah thats about right. there is a few differences appearance wise but unless you have them both you arent really going to notice. the true version has a little more silver in it than the cursed one.
#9Alizia91Posted 10/16/2011 10:53:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10ManuKesnaPosted 10/16/2011 10:59:23 PM(edited)
How do you make the cursed greatsword of artorius?
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna