Crystal Tin Banishment Catalyst vs Logan Staff?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Crystal Tin Banishment Catalyst vs Logan Staff?
5 years ago#1
I dont quite understand the difference.

Crystal Tin has much lower magic adjust? but it cuts spell use or casting time?

Which one is exactly better?
Pokemon White FC: 2021 9085 3628
Standard Rules B/W: Record 38 Win - 36 Loss
5 years ago#2
The crystal one cuts your charges in half... which is bad. Logan's is basically a souped up standard staff. The Int scaling is the other difference. Based on your stats, pick the one you like better.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
5 years ago#3
Tin Crystalization Catalyst has higher magic adjust, but cuts your spell charges in half (ie 30 Soul Arrows become 15)

Logan's has a lower magic adjust, but you have normal charges.

So, basically, the Tin Crystalization catalyst is stronger, but at the cost of having less spells to use
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
(message deleted)
5 years ago#5
Wait, how do you get the Logon Staff? I assumed the Crystal Tin was the one he used...
PSN (UK): CaptainSellers
Currently Playing: Dark Souls
5 years ago#6
thanks guys, so crystal better for pvp?
5 years ago#7
danny_S_06 posted...
Wait, how do you get the Logon Staff? I assumed the Crystal Tin was the one he used...

You get the Tin Crystalization Catalyst off his corpse. Logan's Catalyst will be in a chest containing his equipment (sans hat) he leaves where he was before going hollow/insane.
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
5 years ago#8
Noob4Hire posted...
thanks guys, so crystal better for pvp?

If you make those shots count, then yes. If its your first run through, that'd mean you could have a max of 4 soul lances, 2 crystal soul lances, and 5 of each soulmass.

It can also be useful against bosses (especially the 4 kings) if you just need a little more oomph to finish fights quickly.
5 years ago#9

danny_S_06 posted...

You get the Tin Crystalization Catalyst off his corpse. Logan's Catalyst will be in a chest containing his equipment (sans hat) he leaves where he was before going hollow/insane.

eh... how do u trigger him going hollow?
Every time I hear "The Big Bang Theory" I imagine God having sex with something and BOOM the Universe was created. - PatrickSim
5 years ago#10
Kill Seath and buy all his sorceries and he will go hollow.

I am level50 I beat four kings already. Dont want to level up so I can fight pvp.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Crystal Tin Banishment Catalyst vs Logan Staff?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived