black phantom monsters in the painted world

#1chupachupPosted 10/17/2011 11:01:10 PM
is it normal to see black phantom monsters in the painted world?
---
We are trying to create a game that is spicy. And we want to make it as spicy as possible. But its edible and tastes good and leaves you wanting more.
#2gna647Posted 10/17/2011 11:07:52 PM
>___>

what black phantom monsters?
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lslzdjWc661qekt6no1_250.gif
#3koroko_korobasePosted 10/17/2011 11:09:21 PM
What did they look like?
#4ZerocrossingsPosted 10/17/2011 11:09:25 PM
Wow i think you are a victim of a Gravelord. Cool i didnt know it worked.

Anyway, you should find a soul sign and invade a gravelord to kill him. Then the Phantoms disappear.
#5ScynixPosted 10/17/2011 11:11:51 PM
Zero, the soul sign can be *anywhere*. Literally. I was in firelink shrine when I got a message that I was marked by a gravelord. We all know you can't put down marks in the shrine- which means it was *anywhere* in the world. Good luck finding it.

There really needs to be a spell, or NPC you can pay or something that just gives you a general IDEA of where the evil juju is coming from. "There's a dark presence coming from the Painted World" or something.

I know Gravelording works, my friends and I, after a day and a half, were able to finally get my gravelord to trigger on one of them (exact same SL), but when he went where I used the eye, there was no mark. So I think it's like, just... non functional. It's not completely broken, I've heard of people finding and invading gravelords, but crap if I know where it puts the marker.

Try googling the gravelord marker.. no one even knows what it looks like.
---
The word of the day is: FUTILE! As in, your futile existence has no meaning!
#6ZerocrossingsPosted 10/17/2011 11:13:26 PM
DarthChocobo posted...
Zero, the soul sign can be *anywhere*. Literally. I was in firelink shrine when I got a message that I was marked by a gravelord. We all know you can't put down marks in the shrine- which means it was *anywhere* in the world. Good luck finding it.

There really needs to be a spell, or NPC you can pay or something that just gives you a general IDEA of where the evil juju is coming from. "There's a dark presence coming from the Painted World" or something.

I know Gravelording works, my friends and I, after a day and a half, were able to finally get my gravelord to trigger on one of them (exact same SL), but when he went where I used the eye, there was no mark. So I think it's like, just... non functional. It's not completely broken, I've heard of people finding and invading gravelords, but crap if I know where it puts the marker.

Try googling the gravelord marker.. no one even knows what it looks like.

Wow really? Thats messed up. I wanna join them now..
#7Dray0Posted 10/17/2011 11:17:22 PM
Its odd because the exact same thing happened to me. Except i was not even online and did not go online through my entire first play through. I remember i had just killed Dark son Gwyndolin and the firekeeper in Anor Londo so maybe it was because of that.
#8chupachup(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2011 11:24:48 PM(edited)
there are black phantom bloated undead in the areas where the normal bloated undead are. I'll have to search more for this soul sign.

now there are black phantom pinwheel skeletons in the bottom of the well !!!
---
We are trying to create a game that is spicy. And we want to make it as spicy as possible. But its edible and tastes good and leaves you wanting more.
#9neoz3Posted 10/17/2011 11:22:24 PM

I've never seen the starting messaging saying I've had a gravelord attack or such. I never se the black phantoms and just get a message at the end saying the gravelord was vanquished as I run around killing non black phantom mobs.

#10chupachup(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2011 11:28:25 PM
well i died to 3 black phantom pinwheel skeletons and now they have disappeared so maybe you need to be human to see em.
---