Chaos Covenant question about egg carriers.

#1rubejbPosted 10/18/2011 9:52:07 AM
With the help of a wonderful summoned spirit last night I cleared through blight town and finished the spider boss.

Then with a helpful message I found the hidden spider and bonfire, joined the chaos covenant.

But before I turned the game off to go to bed I went a tiny bit further to the next area with all the egg carriers laying around. I questioned if I should kill them, but went ahead and murdered a couple, also slaying those adorable little maggot things that come out.

So by killing them did I just screw myself out of the covenant? Can I rejoin the covenenant? Still use the bonfire?

I kinda wanted to get the pyro spells she offers, but I guess I can always get them on NG+.

Thanks for any info.
#2rubejb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 9:53:40 AM
Forgot to mention, I didn't hurt the merchant with the eggs, just a few of the ones in the next area.

Thanks!
#3tacohashiPosted 10/18/2011 9:53:56 AM
Kill as many of them as you want, just don't attack the egg guy in front of the covenant and you're fine.

In fact, go and purposely get attacked by them, get the egg on your head, and talk to the egg guy near the covenant and he'll sell you stuff.
---
XBL: Original RedBox
#4rubejb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 9:55:17 AM
Ah, phwew, thanks! And yeah, I see that you can get infected by them, but I'd rather not.

And he sells me stuff even without being infected. Maybe because I'm in the covenant?

Or does he sell me more stuff with an egghead?
#5tacohashiPosted 10/18/2011 9:56:49 AM
He'll sell you the cure for the egghead as well after you get it, so it's not a big issue.

From what I recall, he wouldn't sell me anything prior to getting the egg head. So I'm not sure if you've bypassed that or what.
---
XBL: Original RedBox
#6DrowNinjaPosted 10/18/2011 9:57:26 AM
would like to know this as well. can anybody produce a list of the nicer items he sells? All he wants to sell me right now is a members list.

thanks!
#7rubejb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 10:00:42 AM
Ah yes, thats right, I got the members list from him. I already have an egg removal item I got from a random drop.
#8Adam_KrossPosted 10/18/2011 10:56:40 AM
He sells the poison and toxic cloud spells if you get infected and talk to him.
---
PSN: Kotoso
#9rubejb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 11:28:41 AM
Adam_Kross posted...
He sells the poison and toxic cloud spells if you get infected and talk to him.

Ah thanks. So this would be an easier way of getting the spells instead of giving the spider lady 30 humanity?

And by infected, do you actually have to wait for your head to turn into an egg, or can you do it while the thing is still incubating? And does the cure still work after the egg has hatched?
#10rubejb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 11:31:39 AM
Nevermind, I see the 30 humanity is for firestorm.