Best Thief Armor?

#1KingofAtrophyPosted 10/18/2011 5:59:10 PM
Topic.

Im going mainly DEX, gonna use Furysword once I get out of the hellhole that is Sen's Fortress.
#2Roufas2008Posted 10/18/2011 6:04:07 PM
You might want to focus on dex, end and some vit.

Unless you want to only do pve, but in pvp light armors get owned fast by other melees and no vit = one shot kill. And even if you are the best ever thief around that can avoid almost everything, eventually lag will get ya.

I started as a thief and ended up using heavy armor myself and katana. Gotta be agressive, and once the bleeding status goes in its win :)
#3SephardPosted 10/18/2011 6:04:56 PM
Gold-hemmed robes

Looks sick
---
I'm definitely the slowest poster in existence
Dark Souls is crack.
#4Roufas2008Posted 10/18/2011 6:06:19 PM
Sephard posted...
Gold-hemmed robes

Looks sick

Gold-hemmed is awesome but it cant be upgraded in any way.
#5SephardPosted 10/18/2011 6:07:21 PM(edited)
Roufas2008 posted...
Gold-hemmed is awesome but it cant be upgraded in any way.

That's because you have to use 32 to 40 twinkling titanite to make a light set have more defense than it
---
Dark Souls is crack.
#6KingofAtrophy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 6:09:12 PM
Gold Hemmed is that good? After killing Quelaag I kinda passed on it because I thought it was more for magic users.
#7SephardPosted 10/18/2011 6:10:15 PM
What constitutes as magic armor or thief armor other than.. weight?
---
Dark Souls is crack.
#8Meteor5160Posted 10/18/2011 6:10:17 PM
For my Dex build, I use a combination of Tattered Cloth, Gold-Hemmed and Havel's, but I like just a little bit of poise. I haven't used everything fully upgraded, but I've found different light armor sets have different "awesome" pieces. For instance, I think that the Tattered Cloth Manchette is a really good arm set and the Black Leather Boots are really good boots. Gold-Hemmed is really good until you start upgrading other gear, and even then it's pretty close.
---
My Demon's Souls/Dark Souls YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/stealingyermail
#9Roufas2008Posted 10/18/2011 6:29:15 PM
Meteor5160 posted...
For my Dex build, I use a combination of Tattered Cloth, Gold-Hemmed and Havel's, but I like just a little bit of poise. I haven't used everything fully upgraded, but I've found different light armor sets have different "awesome" pieces. For instance, I think that the Tattered Cloth Manchette is a really good arm set and the Black Leather Boots are really good boots. Gold-Hemmed is really good until you start upgrading other gear, and even then it's pretty close.

Thats one problem I seem to have, I really love looking fancy in one set, but I cant afford having no poise at all, sometimes that last attack is all you need to finish a fight and you get staggered for having no poise.

Meaning to ask how does poise work? Is it like in percentage? Like having 100 gives you a 80% chance to not be staggered and having 20 is like 5-10%?
Because I sometimes get staggered even with full havels and the wolf ring on.
#10SephardPosted 10/18/2011 6:33:11 PM(edited)
Poise lets you take an amount of damage before staggering
Max poise is 180. If that means you have to take 1800 damage before staggering, well, golly

Edit: some attacks can't be prevented from staggering
---
Dark Souls is crack.