How do I get around the bottom of Blighttown without getting poisoned?

#1MaisinPosted 10/19/2011 1:07:51 PM
It's annoying as all hell >_>
---
~Raisin
http://i.imgur.com/52VbE.png http://i52.tinypic.com/2v1vhvp.gif
#2CapnBreadPosted 10/19/2011 1:09:09 PM
I've found it almost impossible in the swamps to NOT get poisoned even using the gold hemmed outfit. The swamp is really one of the more annoying levels and being a chaos servant without the lordvessel I have to journey through that place quite a bit.
#3YnoPosted 10/19/2011 1:11:57 PM
Find your next island of non-poisoned ground, and then do a run and jump towards it. That will reduce the time you are in the muck by a little bit and might make the difference in quite a few cases.

You can run around with the Gargoyle Tail and that would help, and you can buy a anti-poison ring before blighttown too. I haven't dried the rusted iron ring there, but that should be available before blighttown too to help you move through it faster.
#4OneColdMonkeyPosted 10/19/2011 1:14:36 PM
I just ran out of purple moss, and tried the rusted iron ring. Works great! Just have a destination in mind before you step in the muck, and wait for your poison meter to drop before setting off for the next one.
#5ComfortablySadPosted 10/19/2011 1:14:54 PM
There are 2 bonfires down there so it's safe to ignore the poison. One is in the swamp near an elevator type contraption and the other is up a tree. Trying to be vague so as not to spoil anything. =p
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#6infinitexxPosted 10/19/2011 1:16:42 PM
Rusted Iron Ring and poison resistance gear (Antiquated, Shadow, Poisonbite Ring later Gold-Hemmed) are your best bets, but even then you get poisoned if you aren't waiting around on the patches of land forever. Also, some items are so far removed that you'll likely get poisoned even with an empty bar when retrieving them.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#7mirazelPosted 10/19/2011 1:17:07 PM
rusted iron ring and the wonderers set has some good poison resistance
---
Those who call me avatar, know not what they're looking for, they just feed their flames with miracles...
#8mdly68Posted 10/19/2011 1:17:23 PM
If you backtrack up to the depths, find the butcher's room and go through the shortcut behind him, you'll drop onto the top ledge of the "rat boss" room. You can kill the boss with ranged and never have to melee it this way. Anyway, run around to the other side of the ledge without dropping down, there's a spider shield to help with poison resistance.

As others have said, there's also a poison ring and the rusted iron ring available. I had a big supply of moss from the forest and I only had the shield at the time, worked for me.
#9Meteor5160Posted 10/19/2011 1:17:53 PM
Rusted Iron Ring is your best bet.
---
My Demon's Souls/Dark Souls YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/stealingyermail
#10luckyloganPosted 10/19/2011 1:20:25 PM

Just ignore the poison. The damage is so slow, and the bonfire is right there.