What are some of the best armor sets worth upgrading?

#1Clouded_LeopardPosted 10/19/2011 2:13:56 PM
I know its all about "use what you like" etc. But if someone could help me decide what armor set to use I'd appreciate it. I have a lot of them, I plan to get them all. Which set of armors from the various kinds are worth upgrading and wearing? Examples from light, medium, heavy, super heavy, all valued. Please save angst for someone else.
---
"You have to dominate the swordfish. Only then can you saute it."
#2shadowfreeze88Posted 10/19/2011 2:16:18 PM
The default armor set of the deprived class is very good when upgraded.
---
I watched an anime once. In the beginning of the episode a guy pulled out a gun, in the end he fired, and everything in between was angst!
#3xtraflossyPosted 10/19/2011 2:19:54 PM

Granted, armor can only be so good, I upgraded my hard leather chest to +7 and It has close to 50 defense.

It can upgraded to +10, so you can basiclly be anything you want.

The only thing to keep in mind is poise. How much do need / want

#4CaladPosted 10/19/2011 2:20:10 PM
Black Iron
Giant's

Both kinda heavy, though Black Iron is lighter, has slightly less defensive stats (tho more in some categories), I believe slightly less poise, and, from my testing, regenerates stamina slightly faster.

Elite Knight set is good for a lighter set. Paladin's is also a good one. The Antiquated Skirt is quite good, stat wise, and the helm increases magic power. The masks of the father, mother, and child are pretty crappy stat-wise, but all have a special ability. I forget if they can actually be upgraded though.
---
g50; H.A.T.
#5shibulatorPosted 10/19/2011 2:21:28 PM
I love my fully upgraded paladin armor. It's not very heavy and has very high protection against most elements, except the chest is sorta weak to fire. It's just a pain to acquire the amount of twinkling titanite necessary to upgrade all the pieces to max. On my mage, I use the armor from Logan, except the boots and gauntles which I use the Gold-Hemmed to replace because Logan's gloves and boots are trash stat-wise. I haven't really done too much in th ways of upgrading armor. I got my elite knight set to +7 each but abandoned once I found the Paladin armor. I'm assuming there are way better stat attributed armor sets, but I don't have them yet.
---
"Miracles by their definition are meaningless - only what can happen, does happen."
#6PointmanPosted 10/19/2011 2:21:29 PM
Leather Gloves and Black Leather Pants are good ones that I don't see mentioned.
#7Large_TonberryPosted 10/19/2011 2:29:10 PM(edited)
I'm at the Duke's Archive section of the game, and I find the Black Iron set to be really good stat-wise. I'm only using the chestplate of that upgraded to +4 (which made a HUGE difference, up to around 90 def) and combining that with the other parts of Lautrec's armour to ensure I can still roll properly (using Havel's ring too).

I'm sure other people are using much superior stuff, but that's what I find works sufficiently well without any use of a guide thus far. :D
---
I'm in trouble. Please recommend this message!
#8LoshadtPosted 10/19/2011 2:29:44 PM
Dark Knight gear is doing me well.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
http://i.imgur.com/avHuu.jpg Two big reasons to play Dark Souls.
#9BoltJamisonPosted 10/19/2011 2:29:56 PM
Elite knight armor+10. Its stronger than Havel's armor at that point and it weighs almost nothing. Only thing is the elemental resistance is just average.
---
GT: Bolt Jamison
PSN: BoltJamison
#10XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 10/19/2011 2:31:22 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60659354
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
MH3 Name: Crim 23U6QJ