Axes in this game..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Axes in this game..
4 years ago#1

Are pretty dissapointing. Especially their moveset (which is my greatest gripe). IT's always a single swing. I miss the simular moveset to a longsword. Even 2 handed leaves much to be desired.

Sigh- just ranting

4 years ago#2
Black Knight Great Axe solves all your issues.
4 years ago#3
Indeed black knight great axe is easily my favorite weapon in the game

The one handed attack has a HUGE range and sweeping motion

The R2 attack is pretty beastly as well
4 years ago#4

TheTrueNub posted...
Black Knight Great Axe solves all your issues.

You are correct, however, it's more "just my problem" that I really don't use great weapons. I like the smaller ones (longsword, battle axe...). I really don't see why they would have adjusted the moveset so much.

4 years ago#5
axe combos don't start unless you hit an enemy.
---
Canada's greatest weapon of mass destruction was celine dion and we sent her to the states and yet we still have to wear ear defenders.
4 years ago#6

oo7 demon killer posted...
axe combos don't start unless you hit an enemy.
---
Canada's greatest weapon of mass destruction was celine dion and we sent her to the states and yet we still have to wear ear defenders.

Really? I started a game and made it to the first bell using a battle axe and never noticed this *testing

4 years ago#7
the battle axe's combo will only activate when hitting an enemy. not sure about other axes though.
---
4 years ago#8
I have a +10 fire battle axe, I enjoy it
---
PSN = Vladus21
Live = Vladus21
4 years ago#9
I've been using the Gargoyle Tail Axe for fun, and that thing has some pretty crazy hitstun. I go two-handing that axe, and it literally makes it so I can wail on them until they're dead since they can't do crap to break out. It could be better, but I'm fine with this.
---
"Death is a reality that is far too real."-Frederic Francois Chopin, Eternal Sonata
PSN: Mysteltain
4 years ago#10

i use the great axe for tight spaces and haven't noticed any issues. i did notice that if you miss just roll back before the animation goes all the way through and you won't be left open as much

1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Axes in this game..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived