Blighttown fog door?

#1GeekyDadPosted 10/22/2011 8:36:30 PM
I noticed there's a fog door to the left (not to the right where Quelaag is) when first coming to the swamp. I haven't yet explored that area, but what's beyond there?
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#2HarbrringerrPosted 10/22/2011 8:38:08 PM
I imagine you came in through the new londo/drake valley shortcut? That fog gate is for the normal path. If I'm thinking about the correct one.
---
Yes, it would crush human occupants. I'm sure the Zerg, who have mastered travelling through space wearing nothing, can dig up. - CrazyLarkin
#3Oni_TatsujinPosted 10/22/2011 8:39:25 PM
Yeah, if you came in from Valley of Drakes, you went in from the back door (which is also really easy compared to the normal route). The proper entrance is from the Depths (area after Capra Demon boss in Undead Burg).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TsEpDS7-Mw
See quote for my gamertag, steam name, and youtube :D
#4GeekyDad(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2011 8:39:46 PM
death bringer101 posted...
I imagine you came in through the new londo/drake valley shortcut? That fog gate is for the normal path. If I'm thinking about the correct one.

No, no, no...I'm talking about when you come from The Depths, trek through Blighttown, and make your way down to the swamp. To the right is the next bonfire, but to the left is a large fog door.
---
#5HandySmurfPosted 10/22/2011 8:41:31 PM
I thought it was a fog door too, but it isn't. There is an item there, but I don't remember what.
---
PSN/GT: SabataSmurf
#6GeekyDad(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 5:26:02 AM
HandySmurf posted...
I thought it was a fog door too, but it isn't. There is an item there, but I don't remember what.

So, there's nothing but an item behind the fog door? Is it supposed to be a like a red herring by the developer?
---