Strongest Weapon? (Assuming all stats are 99)

#1silentoverlordPosted 10/23/2011 8:45:26 AM
I was just wondering what would be the most powerful weapon in the game (Highest DMG) if the character was maxed.

I googled for a bit and the Dark Souls Stats Calculator says it's a variation of the Greataxe (I believe it was Chaos Greataxe +5 with 10 humanity, ofc)

The I used the search bar here, and pretty much everyone claims it is the True Greatsword of Artorias because of it's scaling. On the other hand, even when I compared "unique" weapons on the calculator page, the Grant had more attack power than the Greatsword.

So I'm kinda confused now. Is the calculator page wrong, am I missing something here or is the power of the Artorias Greatsword just a misconception based on it's amazing scaling??
---
If you can see this sig, put this in your sig...
My PSN: Desperate_Mantis (Feel free to add me!)
#2cincib0iPosted 10/23/2011 8:58:38 AM
You didn't really consider movesets... The Grant is a great hammer and swings pretty slow. Pretty sure the Greatsword or Artorias swings noticeably faster.
#3silentoverlord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 9:10:03 AM
cincib0i posted...
You didn't really consider movesets... The Grant is a great hammer and swings pretty slow. Pretty sure the Greatsword or Artorias swings noticeably faster.

That is correct. However I'm interested in "highest damage per hit" (Maybe I should have made that more obvious, my bad).
---
#4betif00Posted 10/23/2011 9:45:25 AM
Enchanted or not? Because the "highest damage per hit" weapon would probably be a non-magic / elemental weapon enchanted using a 99 faith/int crystal magic weapon / darkmoon blade / sunlight blade buff.

Also, if you plan on using a 1-hard-hit weapon in combo with a stone sword or tranquil walk of peace, just know that it's considered "douchey" in pvp and frowned upon. If you were invaded on the other hand....

The move set and speed of the weapon is very important, it doesn't matter if it hits the hardest if you have all the trouble in the world to hit with it. The best weapons have reach, are fast, stun lock or allow for 2 hits before dodging. The Great Sword of Artorias is modeled after the Claymore which is a common favorite, it does have a slightly different move set. The speed and damage are balanced just right, it also offers a thrust move with good reach....typically, armor protects the most against slash, then thrust and strike last.

You might even consider the "Pike" line, lightning spear, demon spear, a customized bland Pike. They have great reach and speed (almost stunlock-like if it staggers with elemental property like lightning) and do thrust damage. As you probably already know...lightning spears don't have a good reputation in pvp fights...
#5akurixsPosted 10/23/2011 9:51:13 AM
I'm fairly certain that it's the Great Demon Axe. It's got great stats and I'm fairly certain that it upgrades normally (meaning you can get a Fire GDA and what-not).
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
#6betif00Posted 10/23/2011 10:04:58 AM
The demon greataxe should be using demon titanite for its upgrades....so no chaos / fire / lightning on it. The good news? Spell enchant works on it. So could have a demon greataxe + 5 with sunlight or darmoon blade on it.
#7HarbrringerrPosted 10/23/2011 10:06:40 AM
Except it takes shards. Like almost everything else.
---
Yes, it would crush human occupants. I'm sure the Zerg, who have mastered travelling through space wearing nothing, can dig up. - CrazyLarkin
#8DX1900Posted 10/23/2011 10:08:17 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60600430
#9Son_Of_ManPosted 10/23/2011 10:25:47 AM
The true Greatsword of Artorias has an attack rating of 722 at +5 with 99 in str, dex, int and faith.
#10silentoverlord(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 11:07:04 AM(edited)
First of: Thanks for all the responses.

Second: I need to apologize for not making my topic very clear. The reason I'm asking for the most powerful weapon is simply curiosity.

I know how important movesets are (Though my second post probably implied I don't) and I know what's looked down upon in pvp(Hell, I've experienced the Great Magic Shield, Fog Ring, TWoP, Lightning Zwei combination first hand).

Also I'm not really planning on using any of these "most powerful weapons" for my build, mostly because that would require me to be SL 709.(I'm actually thinking of making a Lifehunt Scythe build).

Now back on topic: I actually totally forgot about about enchantments, but for simplicity's sake, let's ignore them.

Yes, I know about the TGSoA's max attack power, and that's exactly why I'm asking. Apperently the Grant +5 has 756 attack power (Maxed) and for example Lightning Greataxe has 777(According to the calculator).

Also, I'm pretty sure the linked list is incorrect.
---