Rare Drops?

#1jeffohhsPosted 10/23/2011 9:43:08 AM
I was trying to farm large titantite in the depths from the slime monsters (the ones that drop from the ceiling before bonfire) and noticed something....strange. I had the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring on, but was hollow with zero humanity (item drop was 300). I was actually doing pretty well, getting maybe 1 large titanite per run. I decided to turn human and up my humanity, and noted that I was going on multiple runs without getting a single large titante (but was getting plenty of greens) and my item drop was a bit higher (maybe 320 or 330). My logical conclusion was that rare drops were more abundant as a hollow with just the serpent ring on and no humanity (which doesn't make a lot of sense as the item drop would be lower?).

Has anyone else seen this before?? I think I might try it on the clams and see if it is easier to farm twinkling titanite?
---
Why do I have to preview my message, WHY CAN'T I JUST POST IT?!?!
#2McJephPosted 10/23/2011 9:43:59 AM
Coincidence.

Item drops are largely sporadic in this and are far from a perfect science.
#3HarbrringerrPosted 10/23/2011 9:45:41 AM
I think what you're doing is confusing correlation with causation. You just had bad luck farming for large shards.
---
Yes, it would crush human occupants. I'm sure the Zerg, who have mastered travelling through space wearing nothing, can dig up. - CrazyLarkin
#4jeffohhs(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 9:51:19 AM
Thanks. I might try it later if I ever get past Fatty and Beanpole in AL. Just seemed too much of a change after I revived to human and then tried to farm.
---
Why do I have to preview my message, WHY CAN'T I JUST POST IT?!?!
#5kornelaxPosted 10/23/2011 10:04:23 AM
rare drops? Not related to your thread, but basilisks(frogs) in the sewers have a low chance to drop eyes of death...I used the serpent ring and I'm getting 1 drop per 2-3 times clearing that wave of basilisks...just rest near the bonfire and do homeward/bone and repeat.