Rare Drops?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Rare Drops?
5 years ago#1
I was trying to farm large titantite in the depths from the slime monsters (the ones that drop from the ceiling before bonfire) and noticed something....strange. I had the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring on, but was hollow with zero humanity (item drop was 300). I was actually doing pretty well, getting maybe 1 large titanite per run. I decided to turn human and up my humanity, and noted that I was going on multiple runs without getting a single large titante (but was getting plenty of greens) and my item drop was a bit higher (maybe 320 or 330). My logical conclusion was that rare drops were more abundant as a hollow with just the serpent ring on and no humanity (which doesn't make a lot of sense as the item drop would be lower?).

Has anyone else seen this before?? I think I might try it on the clams and see if it is easier to farm twinkling titanite?
Why do I have to preview my message, WHY CAN'T I JUST POST IT?!?!
5 years ago#2
Coincidence.

Item drops are largely sporadic in this and are far from a perfect science.
5 years ago#3
I think what you're doing is confusing correlation with causation. You just had bad luck farming for large shards.
Yes, it would crush human occupants. I'm sure the Zerg, who have mastered travelling through space wearing nothing, can dig up. - CrazyLarkin
5 years ago#4
Thanks. I might try it later if I ever get past Fatty and Beanpole in AL. Just seemed too much of a change after I revived to human and then tried to farm.
Why do I have to preview my message, WHY CAN'T I JUST POST IT?!?!
5 years ago#5
rare drops? Not related to your thread, but basilisks(frogs) in the sewers have a low chance to drop eyes of death...I used the serpent ring and I'm getting 1 drop per 2-3 times clearing that wave of basilisks...just rest near the bonfire and do homeward/bone and repeat.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Rare Drops?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived