So, (True) Great Sword of Artorias is the best in the game?

#1JimdbPosted 10/24/2011 3:29:20 AM
When you have the stats for it to scale, right?

It has physical damage and magical damage.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2CyradisPosted 10/24/2011 3:31:12 AM
I don't use anything else, its very nice for all round characters.

The power attack in particular is very useful, its a charged rushing stab thing, you can load it up well out of enemies ranges then rush in and hit them hard with it.
#3TechFinchPosted 10/24/2011 3:32:56 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of how slow it is.
#4Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 10/24/2011 3:35:37 AM
I didn't build a power character, but if I eventually do I wouldn't mind finding a way to use it. It looks very cool, and statistically it's pretty strong.

Since I have decently high INT though I really like the Moonlight Sword right now as far as great swords go. It's surprisingly light as well which is great.
#5Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 3:58:10 AM
It is confirmed to OHK with a back stab. Does not matter the enemy or the amount of HP it has. Youback stab it, it dies. Simple as that.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#6CyradisPosted 10/24/2011 4:06:30 AM
Er, its not a one hit kill with a backstab it just does a LOT of damage. I've had to backstab the fat guys in blight town twice with it.

As for speed.... The main attack i use with it is the running attack. Massive range, very fast and puts you out of the enemies range after. Only downside is that you can be vulnerable for about a second.
#7ChingSensAsianPosted 10/24/2011 4:09:56 AM
It's poop unless you're SL200.

To put this into perspective, even if you have 99 STR/DEX/INT/FAI, it still has 1 AR less than a Lightning Zweihander +5. Maybe post-patch it'll become really good, if the patch addresses scaling at all.

Why Sif went through the trouble, nobody knows.
---
You're gonna carry that weight.
#8CyradisPosted 10/24/2011 4:12:11 AM
As with anything in this game, its the moves that make it good, not the stats.

You can have the best damaging sword in the game but if you can't hit with it you're screwed.

The range and moveset of true greatsword of artorias are insane, once you learn them you can blast through the game really fast, I literally charge everything now and hit them with running attacks, instead of taking my time and countering or blocking.
#9Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 4:12:30 AM
1 AR less? Clarify please?
---
-Nick_GF
#10Sn1per666Posted 10/24/2011 4:14:04 AM
It's a cool weapon but not as powerful as it should be. I have 40 Strength, Dex, int, Faith and its comparable to a Lightning Claymore +5. It weighs an extra 4 lbs. and has worse R2 attacks. It does have nice range though and looks great.
---
PSN: Sn1per666999/Depraved_demon