Best bow?

#11Mud_ChanPosted 10/24/2011 7:08:55 AM
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/bow-crossbow

Black Bow of Pharis+15 with the best physical arrows - 350
Occult Compound Bow +5 with moonlight arrows - 398 between two damage sources.
Darkmoon Bow with moonlight arrows - 408 between 2 damage sources

I'd say the first is probably the better choice with defenses.
---
Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#12gna647Posted 10/24/2011 7:11:43 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
that bow is nowhere near as good as a sticky compound long bow. And it's NOT monstrous at 40-50 dex. The stat scaling is still crap even if it has an S rating.

I find that difficult to believe since at 44 intelligence, with moonlight arrows it has over 350 magic attack power.

I don't recall the sticky compound longbow +5 getting much higher attack power than that without resorting to the very much finite white arrows.

But I think it goes without saying the strongest bow is Dragonslayer Bow, but that's like saying don't use a claymore because the greatsword is stronger.

Sticky compound long bow +5 with 40 dex did around 460+ damage for me. So 350 is terrible.
---
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lteokmIdFY1qj4pc8o1_500.png
#13The moonlight knightPosted 10/24/2011 7:11:51 AM
Ah I wish my bandwidth wasn't being capped right now. I want to use that site but it'll take way too long to load. D:

What would an enchanted Black Bow of Pharis +5 look like with 50 intelligence and moonlight arrows? >_> I'm curious to know what I'd get out of it if I invested 6 more points into intelligence.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#14The moonlight knightPosted 10/24/2011 7:14:59 AM
gna647 posted...

Sticky compound long bow +5 with 40 dex did around 460+ damage for me. So 350 is terrible.

Are you sure? That sounds too high to me. But when I checked the wiki...

At max stats: 68 + 202Physical Attack (using Heavy Arrows).

That sounds too low. >_>
---
#15Viper114Posted 10/24/2011 7:19:28 AM
Dragonslayer Greatbow is just sexy. I got the stats for it and tried it out. It's awesome how I have to drive one end of it into the ground to stabilize it, then fire what amounts to a ballista bolt at an enemy and watch it do around 200 damage and knocking the enemy back like a ragdoll.

Makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Too bad the arrows are so damn expensive...
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#16The moonlight knightPosted 10/24/2011 7:21:21 AM
Sadly for me, I think with my current stats my enchanted Black Bow of Pharis actually outdamages my Dragonslayer Greatbow most of the time. But I plan to keep pumping strength and maybe dex some afterwards, so soon I shall perhaps see its true potential.
---
#17Mud_ChanPosted 10/24/2011 7:25:45 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
What would an enchanted Black Bow of Pharis +5 look like with 50 intelligence and moonlight arrows? >_> I'm curious to know what I'd get out of it if I invested 6 more points into intelligence.

Actually, for Enchanted, Magic, Divine, and Occult, the best upgrade option is Composite Bow. Despite lower scaling, its base magic damage is so much higher than Black Bow of Pharis (~60% higher). But, either way:

Enchanted+5 Composite Bow w/ ML = 475 (102/373/0/0)
Enchanted+5 Black Bow of Pharis w/ ML = 429 (66/363/0/0)

This is with 11 STR (16 with bows) and 18 DEX, which will meet the minimum requirements on those bows.
---
Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#18The moonlight knightPosted 10/24/2011 7:32:32 AM
But wait... The magic attack power is only 10 apart. That, to me, is what matters. Because of split damage, the physical damage in the enchanted path is pretty much moot. When I did tests against dreglings in NG+++++++, 100 attack power meant about 18~20 damage. Well I mean, prior to encountering foes that advanced in defense, I guess it's far from moot. But, I dunno. Not sure when the whole split damage thing starts to really run into a wall, esepcially in this game...

Hmm.

Frankly, with the range problem, I feel like oftentimes I'd be losing out on a lot of attack power due to range with composite bow. Still, its power is impressive. What does a fire/chaos Composite Bow look like with fire arrows?

Also, do you remember what a sticky compound longbow +5 had in terms of attack power with heavy arrows? o_o I'm wondering now if the Black Bow lives up to it.
---
#19loupargentPosted 10/24/2011 7:45:07 AM
I'm looking for a bow too. I currently use a Long Bow +9 that I was going to turn into a Darkmoon Bow. I do have the Black Bow of Pharis in my inventory, and I'm going to be getting the Composite Bow fairly soon.

Assuming max stats, which bow is actually more powerful?
---
"You're like a major power not getting the H-Bomb because it's only fair if you fight with muskets." - Greatherthan3, Demon's Souls
#20loupargentPosted 10/24/2011 8:36:33 AM
Bump
---
"You're like a major power not getting the H-Bomb because it's only fair if you fight with muskets." - Greatherthan3, Demon's Souls