Great Sword of Artorias build

#1dalbachrisPosted 10/26/2011 11:18:42 AM
Been looking into building a character focused around the Great Sword of Artorias and wanted to know if there were any suggestions as to what equipment/spells/miracles I would need. Figured I would keep it centered around a tank build.

Also what starting class should I use and which sword is better for Pvp; true or cursed?
#2SirRegulusPosted 10/26/2011 11:21:03 AM
It's actually really difficult to center it around tanking, because it requires a very broad stat spread. Though you'd probably need to be kinda tanky to make the R2 attacks worthwhile.
#3cynicalsaintPosted 10/26/2011 11:27:02 AM
I think I'm going to turn my Pyromancer into this build as I've already got the Str requirements and I'm going to pick up the Dex so I can play around with the Lifehunt Scythe a bit.

I'm not entirely sure how to work this build either - I'd say make it an Int based build with some Miracles backing your sorcery up - or vice versa if you'd rather focus on Miracles.

Anyone tried a True Greatsword of Artorias build yet?
---
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ MH3 ID: 3GN4UU / Nera
#4dalbachris(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 11:37:17 AM
ShadowElementRegulus posted...
It's actually really difficult to center it around tanking, because it requires a very broad stat spread. Though you'd probably need to be kinda tanky to make the R2 attacks worthwhile.

What should I center it around then?
#5dalbachris(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 11:54:57 AM
Bumpity?
#6FruitOfTheDoomPosted 10/26/2011 11:58:49 AM
My advice is: don't.

The sword rather thoroughly sucks. The stat scaling is piss poor, even with all stats at 50 it is out damaged by some Fire/Lightning weapons.

The Greatshield Of Artorias is quite awesome, however.
---
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!
#7NayikoPosted 10/26/2011 12:03:18 PM
When/if they fix the stat scaling, it could be a really crazy weapon. But until then, it's best left alone.
#8dalbachris(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 12:07:36 PM
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
My advice is: don't.

The sword rather thoroughly sucks. The stat scaling is piss poor, even with all stats at 50 it is out damaged by some Fire/Lightning weapons.

The Greatshield Of Artorias is quite awesome, however.

I'm a firm believer in technique and skill outclass all weapons so I still want a shot at trying and seeing how to make it work effectively.
#9TBSMookfisherPosted 10/26/2011 12:17:19 PM

Not any that swing anywhere near as quickly as it. And actually, I don't think they would truly out damage it, except on paper. for me, with 24/40/44/20, it does 570. I think with 40/40/44/40 it would easily do 650-670, and for how fast it swings, that's fantastic. Not to mention that a lot of the damage it does is pure magical, not lightning or fire, and not many people stack magic resist.
---
cr.lp,cr.lp,cr.mp xx headbutt NO 'SCAPE
#10cynicalsaintPosted 10/26/2011 12:18:06 PM
I'll be honest - I want to do a GWoA build because the sword looks cool, not because I have any plans of turning into any sort of super-competitive PvP build, but I would like to make it as effective as I can.
---
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ MH3 ID: 3GN4UU / Nera