Great Sword of Artorias build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Great Sword of Artorias build

User Info: dalbachris

dalbachris
5 years ago#1
Been looking into building a character focused around the Great Sword of Artorias and wanted to know if there were any suggestions as to what equipment/spells/miracles I would need. Figured I would keep it centered around a tank build.

Also what starting class should I use and which sword is better for Pvp; true or cursed?

User Info: SirRegulus

SirRegulus
5 years ago#2
It's actually really difficult to center it around tanking, because it requires a very broad stat spread. Though you'd probably need to be kinda tanky to make the R2 attacks worthwhile.

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
5 years ago#3
I think I'm going to turn my Pyromancer into this build as I've already got the Str requirements and I'm going to pick up the Dex so I can play around with the Lifehunt Scythe a bit.

I'm not entirely sure how to work this build either - I'd say make it an Int based build with some Miracles backing your sorcery up - or vice versa if you'd rather focus on Miracles.

Anyone tried a True Greatsword of Artorias build yet?
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ MH3 ID: 3GN4UU / Nera

dalbachris
5 years ago#4
ShadowElementRegulus posted...
It's actually really difficult to center it around tanking, because it requires a very broad stat spread. Though you'd probably need to be kinda tanky to make the R2 attacks worthwhile.

What should I center it around then?

dalbachris
5 years ago#5
Bumpity?

User Info: FruitOfTheDoom

FruitOfTheDoom
5 years ago#6
My advice is: don't.

The sword rather thoroughly sucks. The stat scaling is piss poor, even with all stats at 50 it is out damaged by some Fire/Lightning weapons.

The Greatshield Of Artorias is quite awesome, however.
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!

User Info: Nayiko

Nayiko
5 years ago#7
When/if they fix the stat scaling, it could be a really crazy weapon. But until then, it's best left alone.

dalbachris
5 years ago#8
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
My advice is: don't.

The sword rather thoroughly sucks. The stat scaling is piss poor, even with all stats at 50 it is out damaged by some Fire/Lightning weapons.

The Greatshield Of Artorias is quite awesome, however.

I'm a firm believer in technique and skill outclass all weapons so I still want a shot at trying and seeing how to make it work effectively.

User Info: TBSMookfisher

TBSMookfisher
5 years ago#9

Not any that swing anywhere near as quickly as it. And actually, I don't think they would truly out damage it, except on paper. for me, with 24/40/44/20, it does 570. I think with 40/40/44/40 it would easily do 650-670, and for how fast it swings, that's fantastic. Not to mention that a lot of the damage it does is pure magical, not lightning or fire, and not many people stack magic resist.
cr.lp,cr.lp,cr.mp xx headbutt NO 'SCAPE

User Info: cynicalsaint

cynicalsaint
5 years ago#10
I'll be honest - I want to do a GWoA build because the sword looks cool, not because I have any plans of turning into any sort of super-competitive PvP build, but I would like to make it as effective as I can.
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ MH3 ID: 3GN4UU / Nera
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Great Sword of Artorias build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived