Giant Blacksmith

#1AzuvidexusPosted 10/26/2011 6:11:17 PM
I want to try to get Quelaag's Furysword, and wanted to ask if the Giant Blacksmith was too deep into Anor Londo? I'm just starting in the area (I just want to reach the Blacksmith) but it might seem that he's pretty far?

And also, would it be worth it? So far my Pyro's SL is at 41, with these stats (the rest are default values) 24VIT 30END 16STR 12DEX, and I've read that it scales with STR, DEX and Humanity.
---
@azuvidexus
#2Death_to_bePosted 10/26/2011 6:13:17 PM
Not too far. It's time consuming though because I was SL 50 and I died a couple of times getting there
#3bcaseyPosted 10/26/2011 6:31:17 PM
Uh it's pretty much at the end.
---
psn: bcasey03
#4zyrax2301Posted 10/26/2011 6:33:23 PM
He is at the furthest point from you when you begin the level. Seriously. Even the boss is closer.

You need to reach the giant hall before the boss room, then you need to ascend the stairs on the other side of the room and follow the passage at the top, down the stairs, and you'll find him. Don't forget to go outside and open the shortcut while you're here.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5Azuvidexus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 6:03:02 AM
And based in my current stats, would it be worth it going thru and all the hassle that involves it (considering that he's almost at the end) to reach him to get Quelaag's Furysword? Right now my Pyro is using Sen's Fortress' Lightning Sword.

I know that I'll eventually have to go and clear the level, but there are some other things I want to do before, and then not sure if the Furysword would be helpful to clear those things easier/faster.
---
@azuvidexus
#6sundukesPosted 10/27/2011 7:28:29 AM
I think you could hold off until you go thru anor Londo and open the shortcuts...you are definitely going to want the furysword for the ornstein and smough fight though, I tore them up with it
#7Azuvidexus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 6:47:33 PM
Ended up reaching the Giant Blacksmith and crafted Quelaag's Furysword. Now the question would be, should I put 1 more point on DEX to be able to use it? Would it be worth it putting a point there? (Asking because I'm not sure if the damage would be really crappy).
---
@azuvidexus
#8Azuvidexus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 8:38:16 PM
*bump* ;)
---
@azuvidexus