Skeleton Wheels = bane of my Dark Souls adventure

#1GeekyDadPosted 10/28/2011 2:19:23 PM
Ugh...any viable strategies for someone who's SL54? Unfortunately, my character's now stuck in a sort of hybrid build, since I built toward using the Dragonslayer Spear (which sucks, btw). So, the heaviest shield I can carry that offers decent block resistance is the Eagle Shield. But these damned things eat me alive. Argh!
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#2AhrimanPosted 10/28/2011 2:20:02 PM
Run.
---
Chikubi ga itai. Hontou ni- Mattaku kayuku itai. Bakuzen to aamondo to niru...
#3sh0gun0fharl3mPosted 10/28/2011 2:21:02 PM
GeekyDad posted...
Ugh...any viable strategies for someone who's SL54? Unfortunately, my character's now stuck in a sort of hybrid build, since I built toward using the Dragonslayer Spear (which sucks, btw). So, the heaviest shield I can carry that offers decent block resistance is the Eagle Shield. But these damned things eat me alive. Argh!

Run for a bit, roll to the side. Rinse. Repeat.
#4ElyonPosted 10/28/2011 2:24:34 PM(edited)
Heavy armor, even if you can't wear it and run full speed, it will stop you from being immediately trampled, shield up, and pray that you don't get two-three on you at once. The poise will let you take non-shielded hits.

If you've the Stamina for it, you don't even need to dodge, you just walk to the side and they'll run past.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#5Biggs YamatoPosted 10/28/2011 2:21:31 PM
Just try to carefully lure out one at a time, and dodge it with a roll right when it's about to hit you. Get under 50% equip burden so you can dodge easier and chase it down once you do... or you can just lure it to a wall.
---
I hear Duke Nukem Forever is coming out today, Japan Time! - Singapore
#6Triglar2Posted 10/28/2011 2:21:43 PM
Yup run, take off the heavy armor if you need to.
#7MorphBallerPosted 10/28/2011 2:22:54 PM
Don't lock on, put your shield up, take a few hits and let it roll past you, follow it and kill it as quickly as possible, turn around fast and repeat if necessary. For multiple guys you may need to let several of them roll by you then take out as many as you can before they roll again.
---
I'll say it again, and I can't say it enough: I want to have sex with this game. -JimiMorrison187
#8Phase 8Posted 10/28/2011 2:24:31 PM
Strange. On my Warrior I could just block them with a shield and after rolling into me for a while, they'll roll off to the side and stop, where I could then slaughter them. Getting attacked by more than one still sucks though.
---
"Veil of time descend. Atop the ash tree wend. Light of the stars portend. The feather shalt transcend..."
PSN - theonesin
#9ElyonPosted 10/28/2011 2:25:30 PM
Phase 8 posted...
Strange. On my Warrior I could just block them with a shield and after rolling into me for a while, they'll roll off to the side and stop, where I could then slaughter them. Getting attacked by more than one still sucks though.

That's how I do it as well. It's much easier than having to dodge them.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#10brandonfordPosted 10/28/2011 2:29:29 PM
When I fought them I wore the Ring of Steel Protection and had a Caduceus Kite Shield +10 and had no problems.