Humanity farming?

#1xdividebyzeroxPosted 10/30/2011 12:46:26 PM
I have absolutely no humanity now, and I just finished the Catacombs. If I recall, the Tomb of the Giants has the best humanity farm spot in the game? Or is it somewhere else?

Confirmation would be nice.
---
Currently Playing: White Knight Chronicles II, Dark Souls (PS3)
Currently Waiting: Batman: Arkham City, Elder Scrolls V, FFXIII-2
#2gna647Posted 10/30/2011 12:48:09 PM
definitely tomb of the giants. Since those baby skeletons respawn, you don't have to go back to the bonfire and run back all the way there.

I however, think its more fun getting humanity helping people beat the boss :3
---
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltewlauBdE1qax1qso1_500.png
#3dok_dxPosted 10/30/2011 12:48:13 PM
I'd do the Rats in the Depths.
#4McJephPosted 10/30/2011 12:50:10 PM
There are 4 viable spots for farming Humanity:

1) Rats in The Depths.
2) Rats in Ariamis (also gets you more souls than Depths Rats).
3) Cthulu creatures in Duke's Archives.
4) Skeleton babies in Tomb of Giants.

Take your pick.
#5jer_720Posted 10/30/2011 12:50:19 PM
The very end of tomb of giants is the best spot. Killing baby skeletons.

But you must have placed the lordvessel and removed the yellow fog gates to get there.
---
SC2/PSN ID : MayorMcCheez
#6xdividebyzerox(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 12:53:03 PM
Alright, thanks. I have the Cast Light spell, so I'll venture into the Tomb of the Giants while I'm there.
---
Currently Playing: White Knight Chronicles II, Dark Souls (PS3)
Currently Waiting: Batman: Arkham City, Elder Scrolls V, FFXIII-2
#7zyrax2301Posted 10/30/2011 1:26:17 PM
The Mindflayers in Duke's Archives appear to have the highest drop rate, but you can only farm 10 per run and it's a long run.

I think the pond of baby skeletons in ToG is the best place, too. It took me about 90 minutes of farming to get 99 Humanity, and I was using them to heal.

Two things to keep in mind about this place:

1. Bring the Gold Hemmed set. These little jerks can put toxic on you if you're not careful, and that is very detrimental to farming. If you wear this set, you'd have to let your controller run out of battery before they can poison you.

2. Bring a weapon with a wide sweep, so you can kill several of them at once. I used a Lightning Claymore and it was perfect - a one-handed R1 swing was capable of killing an entire batch of them easily. I don't know how much you'd need to upgrade a basic Claymore for one-hit-kills...possibly not at all, considering how low their HP is.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8dan9khoaPosted 10/30/2011 1:43:13 PM
where is the rat in Ariamis?
and what is Cthulu? are they the squid like things at the prison area?
---
PSN ID: DK511
A quote is like a Woman's skirt, it must be short enough to grab your attention, but long enough to cover the subject
#9zyrax2301Posted 10/30/2011 2:27:00 PM
1. Don't bother, there are like 5 of them and they're difficult to reach. This is not even an option.

2. Yes.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#10custerkePosted 11/1/2011 3:40:13 AM

Sorry for the bump, but I'm about to head for New Londo and noticed that I was running a bit low on humanity so I thought I'd farm some at the rats in the depths first before I go there.

However, I've been farming these rats for the past half hour now, with the covetous ring on and 1 humanity (320 item discovery) and so far they haven't dropped a single humanity... so do they really stop dropping humanity after you've killed the gaping dragon? I remember when I last farmed here without the covetous ring I got way more. Sometimes even 1 drop per run.

So basically I just gave up on it and I was wondering what other spot you would recommend for farming humanity? And I know the undead female merchants sells humanity for 5k, but I know understand that she only has 1 or something? Is that correct?

I've been to tomb of giants and now the baby skeletons apparently drop humanity, but I absolutely, utterly, hated that place so I'm a bit hesitant to go all the way through catacombs and tomb of giants again to get to the last bonfire. Would this place really be my best pick?

Thanks!