If I die when invading players (Red Eye Orb), do I lose my souls and humanity?

#1jamersPosted 10/30/2011 9:45:43 PM

I joined the Darkwraiths a while back and haven't yet jumped into invading, though I really want to. Trouble is, I used a bunch of humanities for farming and don't want to lose all of it, so I'm playing carefully.

If I invade other players' worlds using the Cracked Red Eye Orbs (or sphere or whatever the infinite-use one is) and I'm killed, do I lose all my humanity? What's the penalty if not?

Thanks!

#2LightKagutsuchiPosted 10/30/2011 9:48:33 PM
No, you just get booted to your bonfire and leave a bloodstain. If you are in human form you stay that way. Just invade near a bonfire and there are no real penalties.
#3Ryuko-MHF2-Posted 10/30/2011 9:49:16 PM
If you die while invading, you get sent to the last bonfire you rested at, and your souls and humanity will appear in a bloodstain where you invaded or used the red eye orb.
---
My name is outdated.
#4jamers(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 9:50:08 PM

Thanks, guys. So does the invasion trigger or fail immediately when I use it, like using a summon sign to bring another player in to help?

#5XbladezPosted 10/30/2011 9:54:52 PM
red eye orb - not cracked - and no you dont lose anything at all, other than being in your body if you die, during pvp parts it just rewards the victor of the fights with a humanity item.

same applies to all of the co-op and pvp portions of the game.

host does not lose anything besides his skin with all his souls and humanity going into a stain for him to recover.

phantoms do not lose souls, humanity, souvenirs, eye of deaths, or dragon scales. just get booted back to the last bonfire they were at. possibly hollowed tho.
---
"Peace > Stagnation > Death < Violence < War"
hence why death is inevitable
#6jamers(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 11:06:39 PM

So I'm trying to use the Cracked Red Eye Orb, and it isn't letting me, no matter where I am. I'm in human form. What gives?