Game is pointless past NG (plus a review)

#1Mekkakat5Posted 10/31/2011 7:59:59 AM
After many hours and doing pretty much everything there is to do in the game, it's simply not the game I wanted when looking at how great DS was.

There's really nothing worth your time in NG+. Everything scales and you can basically get more time to realize how broken the PvE and PvP is in this game. The higher level you are, the more garbage in PvP you'll face, and the less interesting the PvE gets. The weapons all fall off in damage and leave you with 2-3 weapons from each weapons category to use, if that, and elemental crap still outshines everything in the game physically.

That leaves you with magic, which will leave you wanting more, because for sorcery its all crystal spells, Faith is basically out after NG, and then you get pyromancy, which was broken since day one.

The only reason I keep playing is for my measly plat that won't mean much at all seeing as anyone can get it in this game with 2 1/2 play throughs with little to no effort.

Final review of DkS: 7.8/10.

Good, but ultimately not the game From promised. Nothing gamebreaking, and for as many good things as there were in DS, there were just as many flops in DkS.

This is just my opinion, and I wouldn't ever want someone to take it as gospel, so I'd like to know your feelings on the game as well.

Please, if you feel like you need to be 11 years old and flame, bash, or troll the topic, go somewhere else.
---
-We are many. You are but one.
#2The moonlight knightPosted 10/31/2011 8:01:02 AM
NG+ is literally identical to how it is in Demon's Souls. Very uninformed review.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#3shadowsofdawnPosted 10/31/2011 8:05:42 AM
Faith is basically out after NG?

My faith build is still going strong on NG+ and has a brand new lightning bolt miracle for getting to NG+. From your review I really can't understand what you wanted from this game.
---
\o/ JOLLY CO-OPERATION
.||
#4cynicalsaintPosted 10/31/2011 8:07:47 AM
Yeah my Faith build is doing fine in NG+
Between Sunlight Spear, Great Lightning Spear, and Wrath of the Gods I have plenty of damage.
---
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ MH3 ID: 3GN4UU / Nera
#5darkstorf18Posted 10/31/2011 8:11:15 AM
The second time you finished the game, you really saw the true dark soul.
I'm on my third playthrought right now and i didnt see any major change.

I dont finished the game for challenge or anything, just for fun...or until skyrim.
#6RadianceRyuPosted 10/31/2011 8:12:03 AM
Thanks for your incredibly in-depth review.
#7James MasonPosted 10/31/2011 8:18:08 AM
Yes, once you accomplish everything it has to offer , any game gets kinda pointless.

It still has given me 120+ hours of memorable gameplay.... Which is more than I can say with most 8 hour long SP campaign you replay once just to feel like you haven't been ripped off.

This game literally ate my life for two full weeks, barely sleeping and all... It deserves credits for being very addictive and such a memorable experience... But I've played it so much It does get pretty draining to replay it nowadays.

Demon Souls was Linear, Shorter, thus easyer to replay. Dark Souls, once you unlock all areas and places to warp to, all convents, all NPC, you don't really feel like finishing your NG and having to reaquire all keys, embers, find all NPCs again, unlock the Lordvessel to Teleport , etc, etc.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#8Mekkakat5(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 8:34:10 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
NG+ is literally identical to how it is in Demon's Souls. Very uninformed review.

Wow, how??

There's no draw backs at all to being a hollow in this game first off. If anything, it's a blessing. Second, yes, the scaling etc is similar to Demon's Souls, but God, the game just isn't hard in NG+ for DkS. Being about to 2-hit kill all of the bosses clear up to Quelaag isn't hard, or even fun. I'd have to purposely gimp myself to even have a challenge (which I do. I use 2 fire Caestus fists).

RadianceRyu posted...
Thanks for your incredibly in-depth review.

I didn't say it was a long, in-depth review. Thanks for your incredibly in-depth comment.

cynicalsaint1 posted...
Yeah my Faith build is doing fine in NG+
Between Sunlight Spear, Great Lightning Spear, and Wrath of the Gods I have plenty of damage.

Then you're the first. I've yet to see anything but WotG deal any meaningful damage. Sorcery and Pyromancy blow it out of the water... especially Pyromancy.

Now obviously, for healing purposes, Faith is king... but tbh.. if you can't survive with 20 +7 Estus flask... seriously quit the game. Healing spells are really just useless if you even remotely know how to play imho.
---
-We are many. You are but one.
#9chibistevo32Posted 10/31/2011 8:41:08 AM
There are some pretty broken and questionable things in the game, like Pyro and scaling, but that doesn't stop it from being worth of replay. And with forthcoming patches, who knows.

Why do people expect millions of hours of continuing content/enjoyment for a game to be worthwhile nowadays anyway. Can't a game just be labeled a great experience without having to fallback on stupid things like PvP and NG++++'s to keep your attention?

Long live the days when you could complete a game like Super Mario World 10 times a week and not complain.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Chibeon
MHP3 individual weapon playthroughs
#10NicodaemosPosted 10/31/2011 8:42:21 AM
Mekkakat5 posted...
Then you're the first. I've yet to see anything but WotG deal any meaningful damage. Sorcery and Pyromancy blow it out of the water... especially Sorcery.

Fixed.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer