Pyromancy is now dead.

#71SpacePirateSealPosted 11/1/2011 7:24:33 PM
DuneMan posted...
Seriously, Iron Flesh is a liability now. A PVE-only ability is rendered worse than useless. You die faster with it on now.

That makes no sense at all?
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4AE Mains: Vega Sub: Orochi_Oni, Yang!
Chunli-"you wouldn't want to touch any other stick."PKMN Black FC: 4427 2869 9532
#72DuneManPosted 11/1/2011 7:27:03 PM
SpacePirateSeal posted...

Sure it does. Without reducing much of any damage anymore, Iron Flesh still removes your usual invincibility frames from receiving an attack and getting knocked back. You now make yourself a sitting duck for rapid strikes and die for it.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#73reaver-xPosted 11/1/2011 7:29:08 PM
four kings just got a lot harder on NG+
#74Sandor_ClausePosted 11/1/2011 7:29:18 PM
IWantAKouki posted...
If it's use is indeed to make boss battles a joke, then yeah it deserves a nerfing....

It made you take much less damage. That's the damn point. Now it doesn't, so it's useless since it stops you from running or rolling. Again: "It has a use?! Make it useless!"

While we're at it, why don't we halve the damage and range of magic, and triple the casting time? Magic was overpowered (read: actually worth using, at least in PvE), so it should be nerfed.

Also, halve the maximum stamina and melee damage. It's actually useful for some things, so we need to make it useless.
#75LackninePosted 11/1/2011 7:29:34 PM
It doesn't reduce ANY damage now? Then they need to remove the overburdened effect or it's useless and will just get you killed when you try to use it.
#76NoobRagePosted 11/1/2011 7:29:41 PM
Guess that humanity is really going to matter for pyromancy now. Which it should have been at the beginning. It's kind of hard to not notice pyromancy's effectiveness when Crystal Soul Spear and Sunlight Spear (which both require high intelligence/faith levels to use) were outmatched by Great Chaos Fireball.

Pffrbt posted...

TheBlueDeath posted...

It was broke in a way.Scaling needed to be fixed, badly.Pyromancer was overpowered.Lightning was too good for such little effort.

I enjoyed it. Now it's being s*** on for the sake of "balancing" PVP, which I never cared about to begin with.

Except PvP was the reason Demon's Souls was alive in 2011. Playing the story is fun, don't get me wrong, but I doubt you could go to NG+100 before getting burned out. Not many players are going to play Dark Souls when 99 Vitality/Resistance tanks are out one shotting them with a glove that requires 4 strength.
Like your hatred for PvP, I could care less about your experience. So stop being so butthurt about your own situation and realize WHY they changed [insert x here].
#77RozaliaPosted 11/1/2011 7:29:47 PM
Pyromancer was overpowered.

No it wasn't. Just because you get thrown around like a ragdoll and cry about it doesn't mean everyone else does. Pyromancer's had one worthwhile spell (Guess which) in PVP that was it and even it was trumped by the likes of "Wrath of God" and numerous other things in pvp so if this "balance" is a straight damage nerf then pyro is dead quite simply.

The damage wasn't nerfed that bad. It will now just require you to wear that ring or the dusk crown to get back to the old damage. So to have the best pyromancy you will have to sacrifice a head or ring slot.

What point is there? Pyro wasn't overpowered to start with and now it simply has no use. If Pyro had a large list of support spells then maybe but oh look it doesn't. Its only half decent support spell which was only good in PVE is now completely useless.

It actually does. Without it you'll notice enemies can't combo you as you fall to the floor and they can't touch you for a decent amount of frames. With Iron Flesh you don't get knocked down so they can combo you to death.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Rozalia1
#78TkmajingPosted 11/1/2011 7:29:57 PM
Iron Flesh pretty much increases your poise and nothing else anymore. So= No Dodge,No Running and i still take same beating then without this spell...so whats the point of this spell anymore?
---
What in the name of?
#79PatrickmahanPosted 11/1/2011 7:31:55 PM

I have yet to even touch pyromancy seriously on any of my runs through the game.

Personally I welcome this nerf. Bout time we stop seeing those "this game is so easy GREAT COMBUSTION SPAM" etc. etc. posts.

#80RozaliaPosted 11/1/2011 7:32:15 PM
Guess that humanity is really going to matter for pyromancy now. Which it should have been at the beginning. It's kind of hard to not notice pyromancy's effectiveness when Crystal Soul Spear and Sunlight Spear (which both require high intelligence/faith levels to use) were outmatched by Great Chaos Fireball.

You are aware how crappy Great Chaos Fireball is right? Its good damage on paper, worthless in practise.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Rozalia1