Best weapon in PVP (opinions)

#1GeoffmeisterPosted 11/2/2011 5:22:21 PM
For me it would probably be Quelaags Furysword (+5) at 10 humanity.
I've tried alot of weapons and I'm most satisfied with this, unless your opponent knows how to parry the two handed swings are very fast and doesnt leave you open when you have enough stamina.
Other good ones were Chaos Greataxe+5 (most damage ingame?) with hornet ring for pretty much one hit kills every time a riposte or backstab occurs and Chaos/Lightning Uchigatana (bleed + high dps, fast vertical swings are handy is narrow sparrows)

What are some other of the best PVP weapons ?
#2Geoffmeister(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2011 5:24:04 PM
narrow... spaces...
#3ViietNam1Posted 11/2/2011 5:25:01 PM
greatsword type (not ultra greatsword) with crystal magic weapon, adds stunlock up the wazooooooooo just like a ultra greatsword while being lighter.
---
90% western games suck
PSN: IrishGrappler
#4thecrobarPosted 11/2/2011 5:26:40 PM
Scythes are great. Wide attack range, options for vertical and horizonal range, charging attacks, and high damage when upgraded. Not too stat intensive either.
---
"We are bad guys. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Monster with 21 Faces.
#5ShimmerManPosted 11/2/2011 5:27:35 PM

It depends mostly on what the player is comfortable with. Some would choose spears for spacing and range, some others rapiers for backstab and parries.

#6zyrax2301Posted 11/2/2011 5:31:00 PM
Furysword is the best I've used too. Curved sword moveset is so much faster than almost everything else, and the Furysword still allows nice range. Plus, it hits hard as **** even with only the requisite stats to wield it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7Drake_1Posted 11/2/2011 5:35:27 PM
thecrobar posted...
Scythes are great. Wide attack range, options for vertical and horizonal range, charging attacks, and high damage when upgraded. Not too stat intensive either.

I love the scythes, they are more akin to old DeS pvp gameplay. Its too bad it cant stunlock and it doesn't hit that hard either, however the weapon reflects your skill and imaginativeness at fighting I simply love this weapon

However if my point is to simply win, I go stunlocking weapons anyday... the ability to punish a mistake with death right there is simply too much to let pass. So pretty much any heavy weapon is my pick even though I always hated slow weapons

Katanas and curved swords are versatile weapons, mostly, and they also reflect a good deal of skill. However you really need to outskill someone using a stunlock weapon, and avoid committing mistakes or you simply lose
#8doomedsunsoulPosted 11/2/2011 6:00:08 PM
lag.
#9Stra7agosPosted 11/2/2011 6:10:43 PM
The Black Knight Greataxe's R1 attack owns all.
---
Dragon Sealer of Legend /MH3:Straga (HR 650+) Caska (HR 100+)
GEB:Caska "Dark Blade" -Assault Lieut.- Warrior/Slasher/Snatcher
#10AoENIACPosted 11/2/2011 6:11:53 PM
Gonna go with lag as well. I think I owe pretty much all of my victories to it.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.