Moonlight Butterfly Horn

#1devildriver01Posted 11/9/2011 12:00:27 PM

Is the Moonlight Butterfly Horn any good?  I have an INT build and was wondering if I should waste the Butterfly Soul on the horn instead of the shield.

#2spectre1982Posted 11/9/2011 12:18:28 PM
people feel the shield is OP, if you hold a strong weapon in the right hand and hold the shield in the left, the L2 attack shoots a ring projectile that can "one shot" most enemies.
---
PSN spectre1006
It's not until you lose everything, that you are free to do anything.
#3spectre1982Posted 11/9/2011 12:18:59 PM
the shield is being adjusted after the patch
---
PSN spectre1006
It's not until you lose everything, that you are free to do anything.
#4deathisajerkPosted 11/9/2011 12:24:44 PM
I would be surprised to find that anyone even USES the butterfly horn.
---
Liquid Nitrogen is dangerous because it can freeze anything in seconds, which begs the question... Will it blend?
#5AmothienPosted 11/9/2011 12:29:16 PM
I use the Moonlight Butterfly Horn. I am a pure Mage. I use it in certain areas where enemies don't hit too hard or have predictable tactics. It helps save on spells when you have a ways to go before your next Bonfire. Plus, it can be used with shield raised and has immense amount of reach. Only need 12 STR and 18 INT. Pretty basic for any mage. Shield sucks other than the current R2 ability scaling incorrectly. But, its up to you.
#6devildriver01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 12:47:27 PM

I used the shield on my last character and figured I'd give the horn a try on my INT build since I don't need the ranged attack of the shield since I have all of the spells, but it sounds like it sucks.

#7SeikenZPosted 11/9/2011 12:52:31 PM
I got one at +5, 40 INT and it has about 300 attack rating. Not bad in combination with its long reach. It does all magic damage too.
#8GlamadorPosted 11/9/2011 12:58:18 PM
I've tried to use it. The damage is mediocre but it's PURE magic damage, so it does more than the stats page indicates compared to mixed damage weapons.

But I find I do more damage using the Channeler's Trident on my mage. I'm sticking with that as my spear of choice, even though I prefer the more basic moveset of the Horn.
#9mrbrownPosted 11/9/2011 1:34:47 PM

Glamador posted...
I've tried to use it. The damage is mediocre but it's PURE magic damage, so it does more than the stats page indicates compared to mixed damage weapons.

But I find I do more damage using the Channeler's Trident on my mage. I'm sticking with that as my spear of choice, even though I prefer the more basic moveset of the Horn.

I have a character that uses the butterfly horn and one that uses the trident.  Aside from the hilarious 2hr2 dance with the trident (best victory dance) I like the butterfly horn more.  It only has one damage type and i'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that it is getting a boost whenever the patch comes.

#10titan6669Posted 11/9/2011 1:37:35 PM
I used it on my sorc until i got the moonlight greatsword. It was pretty good, it out damaged anything else i had since i didn't use any elemental weapons.