Ring of Steel Protection

#1haywocoPosted 11/10/2011 10:49:52 PM
Is this worth it? I mean...does the +50 defence even make a difference? I tested it out against the guys by Firelink shrine, and there was no change in the damage they were doing me, but maybe that's because there's some sort of minimum?
#2DignatoReRaisedPosted 11/10/2011 10:51:38 PM
It's really not worth it. You'd be much better served with the Wolf Ring for the extra poise.
---
You're the one believing... looking into your Jesus taco... I'm doing Science. -+- EWGF Co-God of the Souls Games.
#3haywoco(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2011 11:04:14 PM
So...the Defence stat is basically worthless?
#4GamerOldPosted 11/10/2011 11:39:37 PM

Not at all. Go get hit naked, then go get hit with an armor set on, then go get hit with a fully upgraded armor and you will see. Ring of steel protection might not be the best ring to use in PVP but it can serve it purpose in other areas in the game.

#5VesperasPosted 11/11/2011 12:57:20 AM
On NG+^ it might get you an extra hit... from a rat.
---
PSN: Vesperas
"Hey, how's your wife and my kids?" <--James Washington
#6DalethionPosted 11/11/2011 12:58:54 AM
True Vespy posted...
On NG+^ it might get you an extra hit... from a rat.

Lol... wait, seriously?

Anyway TC, you are better off dodging things anyway unless you are going "tank".
#7heymejimboPosted 11/11/2011 12:59:28 AM
if youre getting hit and not hitting back youre gonna die regardless. that's why poise is more important because youll at least be powering through attacks and landing your own
#8DalethionPosted 11/11/2011 1:03:44 AM
heymejimbo posted...
if youre getting hit and not hitting back youre gonna die regardless. that's why poise is more important because youll at least be powering through attacks and landing your own

Sorry for hijacking the thread but what would be good for light class in case I get hit? I hate being stunned so some poise does sound beneficial.
#9estebumPosted 11/11/2011 1:15:21 AM
i think your survivability would benefit more from the ring of favor & protection or several others.. anything that gives you more stamina to block damage with (rofp & cloranthy) or dodge it (dark wood grain) or lets you kill the enemies faster (leo, hornet, magic/miracle boosts if you use those to fight).

raising your defence seems like the least effective way to defend yourself because you have to actually get hit for it to make a difference, and the difference isn't big enough.
---
yarp.
#10LocomotorPosted 11/11/2011 1:32:26 AM
It is a decent ring for NG with some medium/heavy level armor where Wolf Ring's extra poise is excessive. Say, you are wearing Havel's set, you really don't need any more poise with it, but the extra defence has a slight effect. So yeah, it is worth using, but don't expect a dramatic damage decrease.
---
Cammy White for UMvC3 DLC.