The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do you permanently kill the skeletons in The Catacombs?

#1GreenKnight127Posted 11/11/2011 8:29:26 PM
Speaking of skeletons.......do any of you know why in the heck there are so many messages from other players that say "skeleton"???

Just walking through the Darkroot Garden....and I see a message on the ground. In no particularly special place. I read it, just because. And it says "Skeleton".

I shrug...figure it's some noob, not fully understanding the purpose of the system.....or just being weird.

Totally different day, totally different section of the game.......I see another message from a player in a random area that says..."skeleton".

I saw another message today in Anor Londo that said "skeleton?" with a "?" at the end.

I think I've probably, all together, seen 8 to 10 messages involving skeletons throughout dark souls.

W...T....F?

But anyway........The Catacombs.

I KNOW you can kill them, because I successfully did a couple times. Because I stabbed him, he died, I got souls. And no, it wasn't from one falling to death. That is obvious.

I read on the wiki that if you kill their necromancer, you can kill them for good.

Are they talking about those wizard guys who shoot fireballs at you? Because I'd kill all those guys, and the skeletons in the area still wouldn't die.

Is their necromancer some kind of special skeleton that looks different from the others? I noticed that some of their eyes glow, some do not.

What gives?

And if there needs to be a necromancer present, to keep allowing the skeletons to infinitely revive........how come the skeletons in Firelink Shrine keep reviving? How can you permanently kill them?

And if you CAN'T.......that's annoying.
#2HeIImaskerPosted 11/11/2011 8:32:03 PM
Kill the fireball shooting necromancer guys or use a divine weapon to permanently kill the skeletons.
---
PSN: sgt_t338
http://psnprofiles.com/card/1/sgt_t338.png
#3yellowpikminboyPosted 11/11/2011 8:33:40 PM
The ones in Firelink should die and stay dead until you make them respawn...
---
You know that game I never played? That one?
10/10, GoTY and Best (insert genre here).
#4GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 8:35:08 PM
I killed all those wizard guys......the skeletons keep reviving.

And how do the skeletons in Firelink Shrine keep reviving if there is no wizard present to make it possible?

That whole area annoys me. I just have to run through and hope for the best. Because I can't fully kill them, no matter what I do.
#5yellowpikminboyPosted 11/11/2011 8:37:35 PM
I don't know if this has any bearing, but how are you killing them?
---
You know that game I never played? That one?
10/10, GoTY and Best (insert genre here).
#6JusticeSOPosted 11/11/2011 8:38:19 PM
Like we've said...DIVINE.

The ONE weapon branch path that has a purpose...who's only purpose exists in this ONE area. (well, Tombs..but that is just Cata 2.)
---
D.O.S.I.M. - Dobu De Oborete Shinde Ikikaete Mata Shine
#7heymejimboPosted 11/11/2011 8:38:33 PM
nah the ncromancers control the skeletons reanimating. so if they are still doing it it means there is still a necromancer nearby. the whole area is filled with little caves and stuff so its likely you just missed the appropriate necromancer. your other option is using any divine weapon. ( you can break down the occult club from anor lando to make it divine)
#8JDoe2014Posted 11/11/2011 8:39:41 PM

GreenKnight127 posted...

And how do the skeletons in Firelink Shrine keep reviving if there is no wizard present to make it possible?

...dude. The skeletons still come back if you rest at a bonfire. The same in the catacombs. "Revive" means rise up right before your eyes immediately after striking them down. I just facepalm'd myself into a coma

#9GreenKnight127(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 8:44:51 PM
I think what happened was skeletons chased me up from The Catacombs into firelink shrine, and those skeletons weren't fully dying. My mistake.

What is the range of the necromancers power? Seriously. They were in Firelink shrine with me, and they kept reviving!

I'm just using the drake sword. I don't have a divine weapon. I should probably make one, eh?

I haven't forged anything yet. Saving all my loot for something specific.