Magic Rapier +10 or Magic Estoc +10?

#1LordMordethPosted 11/12/2011 2:08:56 PM
Which would end up being better?

Estoc has a nice reach but rapier seems to get a slight critical bonus, not as large as Bandit's Dagger though.

Alternately, could make either of said weapons a normal +15 and use CMW on them, but got no idea how long the buff lasts, so for easiness of use in mind, wouldn't it be better to just magic upgrade one or the other?
---
If the above post offended you, chances are you needed to be offended.
#2Parsl5kPosted 11/12/2011 2:14:15 PM
I think it depends on what your playstyle is like. If you're adept at backstabs/ripostes you probably want to go with a Magic (or Enchanted) rapier, as I hear it does more BS damage than estoc. If you want to slug it out, a CMW estoc does a lot of damage per poke.
#3cowdisciplePosted 11/12/2011 2:25:37 PM
Depends. Enchanted will outdamage magic on an INT build. Enchanted estoc +5 has "B" INT scaling. I think an enchanted rapier does as well. A +5 enchanted Balder side sword goes to "A" scaling. I carry an enchanted weapon for general use and a +15 Uchigatana for when I want to use CMW.
#4FruitOfTheDoomPosted 11/12/2011 2:28:55 PM
Velka's Rapier is also quite nice, with an excellent R2 combo. The dark bonus is situational, but noticeable against Anor Londo enemies and certain bosses.

Additionally, it will be getting a substantial buff from the patch.
---
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!
#5cowdisciplePosted 11/12/2011 2:35:31 PM
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
Velka's Rapier is also quite nice, with an excellent R2 combo. The dark bonus is situational, but noticeable against Anor Londo enemies and certain bosses.

Additionally, it will be getting a substantial buff from the patch.

One of my favorite things about this type of build is that I regularly use 4 or 5 different weapons. Moonlight Greatsword has some great situational uses as well.
#6FruitOfTheDoomPosted 11/12/2011 2:52:03 PM
I use the Moonlight Greatsword as my main weapon. Pure magic damage is a terrifying thing in both PvE and PvP, for the unprepared.

Also, it shoots EXPLODING LASERS!
---
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!