Are people getting access to lightning weapons early on pure skill?

#1Major_BojanglesPosted 11/14/2011 11:11:27 PM
I was hours and hours into the game before I had my first lightning weapon.

What gives?
---
The world is more like it is now then it ever has before.
~a hilarious excerpt from the mind of President Eisenhower~
#2KelVarnsenPosted 11/14/2011 11:12:56 PM
It's impossible to get a lightning weapon before the lightning spear in Sen's Fortress, and you can't make any other lightning weapons until near the end of Anor Londo.
#3extremegunnerPosted 11/14/2011 11:13:52 PM
Most people get their first lightning weapon from Sen's Fortress, which is the lightning spear. You can only make your own once you reach the giant blacksmith in Anor Londo. What is this 'early access' you're talking about?
#4enghuPosted 11/14/2011 11:14:49 PM
Major_Bojangles posted...
I was hours and hours into the game before I had my first lightning weapon.

What gives?

I think the earliest you can get is when you reach the giant smith, which is at anor londo (except the lightning spear which you get in sen fortress)
#5EWGFPosted 11/14/2011 11:18:06 PM(edited)
There are only 5 things you need to do to get a +15 lightning weapon:
- Kill the Gargoyles and ring the 1st bell.
- Kill Quelaag and ring the 2nd bell.
- Obtain the Ember from the depths.
- Defeat the Stray Demon.
- Defeat Iron Golem to access Anor Londo, and the Giant Blacksmith.

This is about a 3rd through the game... and can be done rather quickly, and at a low level without much trouble.

---
Origination Black Phantom
PSN: E-W-G-F
#6extremegunnerPosted 11/14/2011 11:18:53 PM
^ Doing those things do take some time, especially if you're going it through the first time.
#7D_RocksPS3Posted 11/14/2011 11:20:00 PM
Technically you can do runs at very low levels, some even beat the game under SL 10. Drake sword can last you all the way to Sens Fortress where you can pick up the lightning spear to last even further. All people have to do is make it to Anor Londo, which is quite challenging but not that hard if they have maxed their gear through the snuggly glitch or Dragon head glitch (to buy shards). Farming the Darkwraiths in New Londo ruins is also how they upgrade their stuff. So everything is available to them.

Are most of them doing it "legitly" without glitching to max their gear?? Most likely not, but it's do-able even if done legit, dodging and parrying/BS wipe out most of everything in the game, so you don't even need that great of a weapon to get through
#8Z_TousPosted 11/14/2011 11:23:26 PM
In a way yes. A good example would be if you were level 10 and fought someone with a lightning avelyn. It takes some skill to beat Orentstien and Smough at that level.
---
~Zack Tousignant
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Z_Tous/ZackL.jpg
#9SolidKnightPosted 11/14/2011 11:43:19 PM
I got to Anor Londo at SL20. It's not hard when you focus on upgrading gear rather than upgrading your stats. I just buffed my endurance up enough so I could block better and I used phantoms to plow through the bosses.
#10Major_Bojangles(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2011 11:44:21 PM
EWGF posted...
There are only 5 things you need to do to get a +15 lightning weapon:
- Kill the Gargoyles and ring the 1st bell.
- Kill Quelaag and ring the 2nd bell.
- Obtain the Ember from the depths.
- Defeat the Stray Demon.
- Defeat Iron Golem to access Anor Londo, and the Giant Blacksmith.

This is about a 3rd through the game... and can be done rather quickly, and at a low level without much trouble.

Why do you have to defeat the Stray Demon for this?
---
The world is more like it is now then it ever has before.
~a hilarious excerpt from the mind of President Eisenhower~