Forest Hunter - Does it really ignore the soul level range?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Forest Hunter - Does it really ignore the soul level range?
5 years ago#1
One wiki says so...

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Forest+Hunter
5 years ago#2
I'll say yes. I two hit a guy plenty of times there. Had to be at least 10-20 levels below me, maybe even more.
5 years ago#3
Not anymore, that info is outdated.
5 years ago#4
MonteCrispo posted...
I'll say yes. I two hit a guy plenty of times there. Had to be at least 10-20 levels below me, maybe even more.

2 hitting a guy means nothing because HP is does not scale with levels but only vitality so i could be a low vit / high damage build
5 years ago#5
I am there, with a non-overpowered 8 SL new char. Have been summoned now to a clean good fight.
Nice thing to notice is that I got a green shard from the kill. Never happened before.

A few minutes ago, an uber troll invaded my, with lightning big sword. No chance. Don't know about his SL, though.
5 years ago#6

i have a sl 11 that can 2 hit a sl 100... that just means i have something powerful.

but so far from what i noticed the forest have decreased its' range to be within the host sl. i haven't fought op guys like i did pre-patched, of course that means the amount of invasions have drop drastically.
5 years ago#7
Well whatever it is, i'm having a fun with the forest hunters.

Not as them, killing them.

On the 360, I made a SL 32 character that's a Sunbro, and when I get summoned, noone can touch the host.

Yesterday, while talking with the host in private chat about random stuff, we killed 44 forest hunters, 1 darkwraith.

Today while keeping a guy safe and collecting everything in the forest, i killed 6 hunters, 1 darkwraith and helped him kill the boss.

He sent me the message "Youre a ****ing beast!"

It made me feel all warm inside.
~Grimno (The Eccentric Gamer)
Explosions Solve Everything!
5 years ago#8
I invaded now a dual-wielder, with havel's set + moonlight spear + a great weapon. Equip burden under 25%. So... Yes, it ignores, or almost that, the SL range.
My SL8 char was summoned to this "clean" fight. =P

(PS: He also had crystal homing soul mass and that spear powerful magic, so definitely much higher than SL8)
5 years ago#9
I don't think there is a range. Hell I joined at SL 18 and I have fought about 10 battles. I have only had another phantom summoned with me once and I have been double teamed every time. Dudes wearing Giants, Havels, etc. Carrying weapons that need 30+ strength to wield and the last pair I fought both had maxed out Crystal Homing Soul Mass along with BKGA. They had to be at least 50 levels above me.
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
5 years ago#10
nite1017 posted...
i have a sl 11 that can 2 hit a sl 100... that just means i have something powerful.

but so far from what i noticed the forest have decreased its' range to be within the host sl. i haven't fought op guys like i did pre-patched, of course that means the amount of invasions have drop drastically.

Backstabs do not count as "something powerful" because everyone and thier mother does it. unless you mean some +5 heavy weapon.

so what did they change exactly, anyone of any level can invade? or did they take the soul level range and make it just like co op range.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Forest Hunter - Does it really ignore the soul level range?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived