Forest Hunter - Does it really ignore the soul level range?

#1EternalKabanguPosted 11/26/2011 9:29:54 PM
One wiki says so...

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Forest+Hunter
#2MonteCrispoPosted 11/26/2011 9:31:48 PM
I'll say yes. I two hit a guy plenty of times there. Had to be at least 10-20 levels below me, maybe even more.
#3caramel_codPosted 11/26/2011 9:33:43 PM
Not anymore, that info is outdated.
#4Hookem76Posted 11/26/2011 9:34:27 PM
MonteCrispo posted...
I'll say yes. I two hit a guy plenty of times there. Had to be at least 10-20 levels below me, maybe even more.

2 hitting a guy means nothing because HP is does not scale with levels but only vitality so i could be a low vit / high damage build
#5EternalKabangu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 9:40:46 PM
I am there, with a non-overpowered 8 SL new char. Have been summoned now to a clean good fight.
Nice thing to notice is that I got a green shard from the kill. Never happened before.

A few minutes ago, an uber troll invaded my, with lightning big sword. No chance. Don't know about his SL, though.
#6nite1017Posted 11/26/2011 9:41:39 PM

i have a sl 11 that can 2 hit a sl 100... that just means i have something powerful.

but so far from what i noticed the forest have decreased its' range to be within the host sl. i haven't fought op guys like i did pre-patched, of course that means the amount of invasions have drop drastically.
#7GrimnoPosted 11/26/2011 9:51:16 PM
Well whatever it is, i'm having a fun with the forest hunters.

Not as them, killing them.

On the 360, I made a SL 32 character that's a Sunbro, and when I get summoned, noone can touch the host.

Yesterday, while talking with the host in private chat about random stuff, we killed 44 forest hunters, 1 darkwraith.

Today while keeping a guy safe and collecting everything in the forest, i killed 6 hunters, 1 darkwraith and helped him kill the boss.

He sent me the message "Youre a ****ing beast!"

It made me feel all warm inside.
---
~Grimno (The Eccentric Gamer)
Explosions Solve Everything!
#8EternalKabangu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 9:51:42 PM
I invaded now a dual-wielder, with havel's set + moonlight spear + a great weapon. Equip burden under 25%. So... Yes, it ignores, or almost that, the SL range.
My SL8 char was summoned to this "clean" fight. =P

(PS: He also had crystal homing soul mass and that spear powerful magic, so definitely much higher than SL8)
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 11/27/2011 7:51:49 AM
I don't think there is a range. Hell I joined at SL 18 and I have fought about 10 battles. I have only had another phantom summoned with me once and I have been double teamed every time. Dudes wearing Giants, Havels, etc. Carrying weapons that need 30+ strength to wield and the last pair I fought both had maxed out Crystal Homing Soul Mass along with BKGA. They had to be at least 50 levels above me.

---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#10Orochi_LedePosted 11/27/2011 8:34:34 AM
nite1017 posted...
i have a sl 11 that can 2 hit a sl 100... that just means i have something powerful.

but so far from what i noticed the forest have decreased its' range to be within the host sl. i haven't fought op guys like i did pre-patched, of course that means the amount of invasions have drop drastically.

Backstabs do not count as "something powerful" because everyone and thier mother does it. unless you mean some +5 heavy weapon.

so what did they change exactly, anyone of any level can invade? or did they take the soul level range and make it just like co op range.