Constant Regeneration Items

#11BenjiPOTF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 5:22:46 PM
CyberWrist101 I agree with you 100% there.
for all I know Fromsoftware are those kind people that like torturing others mentally.
---
PSN:BenjiPOTF
#12AoENIACPosted 11/29/2011 5:23:06 PM
I went AFK while wounded holding the sanctus. I was almost dead and had 40 vit worth of HP at level 120.

I came back after dinner and my HP wasn't even close to being full.

2hp/2seconds sounds good on paper because when you distribute that across a long period of time it's kind of like 1hp/second but ultimately you have too much HP and everything hurts too much and it generally doesn't take too much time to travel such that it would be good for traveling and in combat I would rather use a good shield and equip the ring of the evil eye to drain life for every kill instead of using a horrible shield with very slow HP regeneration that won't even save my life in combat except maybe during the first playthrough I might survive something with like 1HP left because sanctus regened a bit during combat. But in NG+ and beyond life and death are too binary for sanctus to do ANYTHING for you.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#13CyberWrist101Posted 11/29/2011 5:25:43 PM
I only dabbled in Demon's Souls a bit, but wasn't their "Regenerator Ring" pretty decent? If they thought it was okay there, why not here? Considering this game is more difficult to start. x[
#14BenjiPOTF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 5:28:44 PM
and the beauty in Demon Souls is that the Shield patches had actually healed more the more you upgraded it.
---
#15CyberWrist101Posted 11/29/2011 5:33:29 PM
BenjiPOTF posted...
and the beauty in Demon Souls is that the Shield patches had actually healed more the more you upgraded it.

Now, see? I like that. That makes perfect sense. Why da hell doesn't Sanctus do that? If it doesn't what's the point of upgrading?
#16AoENIACPosted 11/29/2011 5:35:03 PM
If there were multiple sources of regeneration and if sanctus could be upgraded to produce better regeneration then it might actually be viable for PvE, but since there's no ring to regenerate in Dark Souls and Sanctus has fixed, horrible regen, I still think it's not viable.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#17Triglar2Posted 11/29/2011 5:37:18 PM
They need to change it to 2% every 2 seconds...
#18BenjiPOTF(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 5:51:51 PM
I guess to reminisce I'll have to use a kick butt shield and cast the regeneration miracle but not self one the party one.
---
#19Kratos_Plays_DSPosted 11/29/2011 6:02:33 PM
I can understand why they would take out hp regenerating gear; you could just wait off every hit you took and be back in full condition with no loss of estus. What I don't understand, is why they had to include a crappy hp regen item that is absolutely useless. The only way it could possibly be of any use is if you're using Power Within and Red/Blue Tearstone rings.
#20sirtoastmanPosted 11/29/2011 6:23:24 PM
Kratos_Plays_DS posted...
I can understand why they would take out hp regenerating gear; you could just wait off every hit you took and be back in full condition with no loss of estus. What I don't understand, is why they had to include a crappy hp regen item that is absolutely useless. The only way it could possibly be of any use is if you're using Power Within and Red/Blue Tearstone rings.

Not even then....
---
360 Gamertag: SirToastMan777
Warioware D.I.Y FC: 4469-3649-1650