Great Lightning Spear or Soul Spear?

#1FelurianPosted 12/2/2011 6:33:13 AM
Which does more damage, assuming equal Magic Adjustment and equal stats in Intelligence or Faith? Also, which is the most damaging out of Sunlight Spear and Crystal Soul Spear under the same conditions? I know Sunlight Spear takes two slots, but that's irrelevant.
#2Samurai-JMPosted 12/2/2011 6:35:00 AM
I don't know, but lightning spear looks badass. Soul Spears are easier to hit enemies with.
---
GT: OMNISniper
Dark souls is similar to Skyrim in the way that Ninja Gaiden is similar to Naruto.
#3nofxcrackerPosted 12/2/2011 6:52:35 AM
Soul Spears have a small amount of homing ability, it's not just a straight shot. Plus, later in the game you can get the Crystal Soul Spear.
---
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta
#4Durgha001Posted 12/2/2011 7:06:00 AM
Felurian posted...
Also, which is the most damaging out of Sunlight Spear and Crystal Soul Spear under the same conditions?

Sorceries get an extra boost from +damage headgear and the Tin Crystalization Catalyst doesn't have a clear Miracle equivalent. If you're making use of either or both of those then Soul Spears should come out noticeably ahead of the Lightning Spear spells given comparable stats.

I don't think Sunlight Spear does enough damage to justify the two slots and bloated stat requirement. All around it's just not a very good spell, in PVE or PVP, which is a shame considering how iconic it was supposed to be.
---
PSN: Durgha
"Staring at the sea, staring at the sand ..."
#5liVeRSuSiIPosted 12/2/2011 7:45:30 AM
Durgha001 posted...
Felurian posted...
Also, which is the most damaging out of Sunlight Spear and Crystal Soul Spear under the same conditions?

Sorceries get an extra boost from +damage headgear and the Tin Crystalization Catalyst doesn't have a clear Miracle equivalent. If you're making use of either or both of those then Soul Spears should come out noticeably ahead of the Lightning Spear spells given comparable stats.

I don't think Sunlight Spear does enough damage to justify the two slots and bloated stat requirement. All around it's just not a very good spell, in PVE or PVP, which is a shame considering how iconic it was supposed to be.

the head gear used to power magic can also power miracles.
#6shadowsofdawnPosted 12/2/2011 7:51:16 AM
Durgha001 posted...
Felurian posted...

Completely agree. I was so excited to get it on my first faith guy only to find that it had half the casts of great lightning spear, while taking twice the slots. Its maybe 50% more powerful, so basically once all the charges of either lightning spear is used, great lightning spear does more damage overall.

As far as ranged spells go, the soul spear is more powerful in game, despite the lightning spears being more powerful in legend.
---
\o/ The official ninja-troll of the DkS board
.||
#7FullSynchroPosted 12/2/2011 8:01:18 AM
it'd be nice if sunlight spear had more charges or a homing ability
---
Diamond Code: 1333 0236 8007
#8nofxcrackerPosted 12/2/2011 8:09:45 AM
What is this +damage headgear? I must be missing it on my int character...
---
PSN: tracebustin XBOX: tracebustain
3DS: 0602 6268 7620 -tracebusta
#9AltairionPosted 12/2/2011 8:56:01 AM
Dusk Crown, you get it with the antiquated set after you save what's her face from the crystal golem near the hydra lake.
---
#10Temple_OwlsPosted 12/4/2011 5:04:30 PM
nofxcracker posted...
What is this +damage headgear? I must be missing it on my int character...

I use dusk crown on my faith caster and it does indeed raise the power of her lightning spears