lag in this game is ridiculous

#1Enoch_ChingPosted 12/5/2011 2:43:05 AM
I usually don't mind lag, but it's been really apparent and pretty game breaking in the PvP department. I've gotten and performed back stabs from at least 10 game feet away from the person where I or the host are magnetically teleported back and suddenly a back step animation occurs. One time i was in the middle of a sprint jump where suddenly in the middle of the air i get taken back because i've been 'back stabbed.'

anyone else think the lag is just so unbearable that it's not worth playing PvP at this point?
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator due to subversive content]
PSN and GT: sc1sserblade
#2nanashi0088Posted 12/5/2011 2:47:03 AM
Yeah I gave up invading because I kept getting lagstabbed.
#3LennyGcPosted 12/5/2011 2:50:29 AM
I dont invade, and I dont care about PvP at all, but I usually run as humand and dont mind getting invaded, but I hate it because I usually lose by chain lagstabs.

I get lagstabbed once, ok Ill roll away or something, but midroll or even running after a succesful roll I get sucked back and stabbed again.

Bah.... w/e
---
.:Wii & PS3:. PSN: LennyGC
Games I'm playing: Dark Souls, Rock Band 3, Fifa 12.
#4Combat_Carl_Posted 12/5/2011 2:51:23 AM
Pretty much my experience. With all this lag and poise it really turns into a slug fest or fishing for backstabs.
---
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v640/Easternpaintedturtle/Setup101215/
GT:ChuChu Flamingo
#5Enoch_Ching(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 2:57:30 AM
well i'm glad to know people agree, i was positive i was going to be flamed. I probably will be later on in the day, eh w/e.

but yeah...super disappointed. i remember that lag wasn't such an issue for PvP in Demons souls. is it a p2p issue? i'm guessing dks doesn't have servers?
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator due to subversive content]
#6nanashi0088Posted 12/5/2011 3:05:59 AM
Enoch_Ching posted...
is it a p2p issue? i'm guessing dks doesn't have servers?

Exactly.
#7KupoNoBakaPosted 12/5/2011 3:11:07 AM
I never noticed any lagstabs at all until I took an arrow...

I was lagstabbed across the hall in Anor Londo. As in He was at the big doors and I was by the stairs to the O&S fight.
---
-kupo
#8haloRocksyouPosted 12/5/2011 3:12:15 AM
Enoch_Ching posted...
I usually don't mind lag, but it's been really apparent and pretty game breaking in the PvP department. I've gotten and performed back stabs from at least 10 game feet away from the person where I or the host are magnetically teleported back and suddenly a back step animation occurs. One time i was in the middle of a sprint jump where suddenly in the middle of the air i get taken back because i've been 'back stabbed.'

anyone else think the lag is just so unbearable that it's not worth playing PvP at this point?

two word: stop complaining. the game's online is FINE the way it is. More often than not it's a serious lack of skill on your part and all the other complainers in this topic. It's closer to a story you're conjuring up to feel better about getting owned.

do every1 a favor, quit this game, and play in that mode called 'offline.' let the big boys play the PvP
#9Mr-EgaPosted 12/5/2011 3:13:47 AM

Enoch_Ching posted...
well i'm glad to know people agree, i was positive i was going to be flamed. I probably will be later on in the day, eh w/e.

Flamed? Everyone knows lagstabs are the cancer of this game, if someone dares to flame you, chances are he's just a lagstab fisher that's mad because his loved exploit is being attacked.

#10Enoch_Ching(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 3:14:54 AM
Mr-Ega posted...

Enoch_Ching posted...

Flamed? Everyone knows lagstabs are the cancer of this game, if someone dares to flame you, chances are he's just a lagstab fisher that's mad because his loved exploit is being attacked.

haha. case in point 'haloRocksyou.'
---