Viable bow build? (Suggestions)

#1YoozayPosted 12/9/2011 5:02:33 PM
I've done all the basic builds apart from str/int but I'm not even interested. So I'm looking to make a bow build and wondering what close range weapon will work for this build? Also wondering if it'll work for pvp, well even if it doesn't I'm still looking to try and use the build within pvp. Any suggestions for this? Crossbows are also welcome, range SL 115-130.

Also what would be the fastest/strongest bow? Thanks in advance.
#2Yoozay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2011 5:07:49 PM
Bump, wow this board moves fast as ish!
#3drazgar33Posted 12/9/2011 5:09:05 PM
personally i like the bow of pharis +15 or the composite bow +15
---
If you aren't happy being single you will never be happy in a relationship. Get your own life and love it first, then share it.
#4Yoozay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2011 5:18:58 PM
I was thinking of those two and perhaps DS bow in left hand also short bow seems to be the fastest, I'm still lost as to what to use for an offhand meele weapon?
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 12/9/2011 5:19:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvuRq7HgEKY

^ Works well for invasions / trolling. Kind of humorous actually.

All I can say is Avelyn is probably the only thing you're going to hit anyone with in a duel that fires arrows / bolts.
---
we only assume people get Illumina because meeple needs it in his character analysis to bump up terra's stats when comparing her to others -- livinlarav2 on FF6
#6DespondentDeityPosted 12/9/2011 5:20:05 PM
I think using the Darkmoon bow with the proper faith stat can be extremely powerful when coupled with Moonlight arrows.
#7Yoozay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2011 5:30:24 PM
Hmm, keep the suggestions coming guys, thanks for the help. I'm thinking that I'll left hand the avelyn and swith between it with DS bow through invo during certain instances. Not sure which bow to main atm, and still looking for an offhand dex wep just to apply pressure, anyone have any ideas?
#8CircaTruantPosted 12/9/2011 5:35:31 PM
Darkmoon Bow/Moonlight arrows with 50 faith

Black Bow of Pharis +15 with 50 Dex

In all honesty, you could probably stop at 40, but I like 50. I've been using a +15 uchigatana with my bow build. You could roll with a falchion to look like a complete BA with the move sets, but katanas are the way to go with a Dex build imo.
---
When in Rome, we shall do as the Romans. When in Hell, we do shots at the bar.
#9Yoozay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2011 5:47:41 PM
CircaTruant posted...
Darkmoon Bow/Moonlight arrows with 50 faith

Black Bow of Pharis +15 with 50 Dex

In all honesty, you could probably stop at 40, but I like 50. I've been using a +15 uchigatana with my bow build. You could roll with a falchion to look like a complete BA with the move sets, but katanas are the way to go with a Dex build imo.

I think I'll get Black bow, unless the NPC decides not to drop it, but honestly I was looking to get away from the uchi because all my dex builds use it in some form or another. :(

I'll look into the falchion, actually and see what it's like.
#10HIDE0_K0JIMAPosted 12/9/2011 5:49:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWtgGGx5aQ&list=FL7qqcd__fuXuegSgZ98HzfA

This guy is a bow hero. I actually made a build like his. It works pretty well in PVP