How can you tell if you're playing online?

#1shooterfan22Posted 12/17/2011 12:42:42 AM
I've played through a portion of this game and I'm pretty sure i'm online but all the messages left for me seem really generic.

Also, don't people invade your game and kill you?

Lastly, how do you summon somebody into your game? (Step by Step please. I know that you need a "humanity")
#2Kitty74x9Posted 12/17/2011 1:00:06 AM
You know if you are online if you can leave a summon sign with your white soapstone, if that item is grey and unusable you are offline.

To summon someone you must be human. (regain at a bonfire using 1 humanity from the counter in the top-left). When human you can see Summon Signs on the ground in areas where your boss is alive. You can not see signs if you have any of your signs on the ground.

Hope this helped. Im quite drunk. :) *cheers*

\o/
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3neorhetoricPosted 12/17/2011 1:26:08 AM
shooterfan22 posted...
I've played through a portion of this game and I'm pretty sure i'm online but all the messages left for me seem really generic.

Also, don't people invade your game and kill you?

Lastly, how do you summon somebody into your game? (Step by Step please. I know that you need a "humanity")

There are generic messages in the game.

Yes, people invade your game and try to kill you if you're online.

1. Find a glowing white or gold summon sign on the ground.
2. Press X while standing on it.
3. Select the summon option.
4. Wait until the person shows up.
5 (optional). You have to be online, and in human form (which requires the use of 1 humanity at a bonfire) in order to see any summon signs and summon another player.
---
My Greatest GameFAQs win: http://tinyurl.com/2dj54ls
#4BaneDragonPosted 12/17/2011 1:32:27 AM
You only see summon signs if your alive. You can be offline and still see summon signs of NPCs. The best way to tell is press the PS button and see if your account is signed in or not.
---
"3 people can keep a secret...if 2 are dead"
#5shooterfan22(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2011 12:26:34 PM
So if you're already signed into your psn account and then start the game then you are automatically online?
#6Kitty74x9Posted 12/17/2011 1:01:42 PM
Yes, if you are signed into PSN before loading Dark Souls, you are online in the game.

As an example next time you start up Dark Souls, take a moment and sign out of PSN before loading up the game.
It will ask you if you want to sign into PSN network for online play. If you select to cancel the log-in process, the game will notify you of "Offline Mode".
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9