At Which Endurance Level Is The Best Time To Use Havel's Armor Set?

#1TruePS360iiFanPosted 12/28/2011 12:08:22 AM
Also, which is the BEST ARMOR SET in the game?

Havel? Or do you have different things in mind?

Also, what about the best weapon and shield in the game?
---
"In every different types of irony, there will always be a truth that reside within..."
#2ThePockPosted 12/28/2011 12:21:47 AM(edited)
Best weapon varies based on your stats. There's no absolute best weapon in the game. If you can write your stats up people might be able to help more.

Same thing with armors because of the rolling speed / rings your willing to use. Havel might be one of the best for defences but the weight is a problem.
---
East is burning red! But you're already dead.
#3TruePS360iiFan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 12:24:17 AM
Got it. Thank you for your answer. I am aware of wearing Havel's armor set would cause problems for the player to wear and to move around. So, that is why I am asking at which Endurance Level is the best that I can get to in order to wear this armor.
---
"In every different types of irony, there will always be a truth that reside within..."
#4ShadowStarEdgePosted 12/28/2011 12:24:44 AM
Black Iron at +5 is better in terms of Defense than Havels AND weighs less. It really depends on how much weight you can spare though
---
before: waaaaah
after: waaaaah
- SolKarellen on the Dark Souls community
#5ThePockPosted 12/28/2011 7:58:38 AM(edited)
Endurance 40 + Havel's Ring / Ring of Favour and Protection (you can't remove the RoFP or it breaks after equipping) gets you easily to wear that Havel's set. Black Iron + 5 is better in defences but didn't that hinder stamina recovery? Without RoFP and only Havel's Ring you should be able to wear 3 pieces out of four + random helm.

But wearing Havel's set without rings requires loads of endurance stat (can't remember the exact number) if you do not wish to wear the rings and you have to sacrifice stats in order to do that. And after endurance 40 you don't get any stamina upgrades, only equip load gets higher.
---
East is burning red! But you're already dead.
#6GameOverlord345Posted 12/28/2011 8:02:36 AM
Most resistant shield is Havels, but it is 19(?) weight. Most defense armor is Giants+5. My favourite is Black Iron Set+5. Most resistant then havels, but way lighter. Havels has most poise though.

Your weapon is based on your stats.
---
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives
#7moodyjm2Posted 12/28/2011 8:05:13 AM
There are some misconceptions about stamina recovery from heavy armors. Some mention it but others don't, but Havels and Stone Armor have the greatest reduction.

Check the wiki as extensive testing was done.

Oh yeah, Havel's full set is ugly as sin, especially the helm, I could never wear it.
---
Ahoy!
#8PURE_DESSPosted 12/28/2011 10:44:59 AM

I'm at about 60 endurance and its still pretty heavy. Stick with some upgraded black iron.

#9Onion_PaladinPosted 12/28/2011 12:35:41 PM

There are some misconceptions about stamina recovery from heavy armors. Some mention it but others don't, but Havels and Stone Armor have the greatest reduction.

Check the wiki as extensive testing was done.

Oh yeah, Havel's full set is ugly as sin, especially the helm, I could never wear it.

The stamina penalties are very straight forward actually. Either the the piece reduces by 0, 1 or 2 and only chest pieces reduce by 2. The wiki isn't entirely accurate.
---
Kenya
#10Meijimasha13Posted 12/28/2011 12:42:40 PM
Elite Knight's +10 has absolutely MIND-BLOWING stats for its weight. Its only disadvantage is the low-ish poise, but there's the wolf ring for that.

And the wanderer's manchete is also incredible and light.