is there any easier method of dealing with the bonewheel skeletons in catacombs?

#1xanthouscrownPosted 1/19/2012 1:35:59 PM
trying to figure out how people can get past these guys easy on a lvl 1 ng+
#2Xero-ApolloPosted 1/19/2012 1:36:44 PM
Get the Fog Ring.
---
http://i.imgur.com/P8D0B.png http://i53.tinypic.com/v7gxvb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2RaHZ.jpg
#3UFE9999Posted 1/19/2012 1:41:23 PM
Drop to the ledge where you pick up the priest (?) armor set, kill them (and the Black Knight) with arrows first, then drop down. It takes a while since they run away when you hit them, but it helps a lot if you equip the Hawk Ring. At level 1, I don't know what bow you can use, but it'll probably take even longer than normal if you can't inflict a lot of damage per arrow.
---

UFE
#4Elven_NoblePosted 1/19/2012 1:42:22 PM
Xero-Apollo posted...
Get the Fog Ring.

This. The fog ring is the #1 thing to use if you find yourself overwhelmed by a large volume of enemies, or even just getting owned by 2 enemies that aggro at once. Just walk slowly in and stop every few steps and wait for about 5-10 seconds with your shield up until you get one to aggro, then back off and wait for it to come to you and kill it.
---
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam
Et lingua eius loqueter indicium
#5boy_luckPosted 1/19/2012 1:43:12 PM
Big shields are helpful too. They are more stable and when blocking, the skeletons drain less stamina from you. However, as said by the poster above, the fog ring works wonders.
---
Lady luck is my best friend!
#6Elven_NoblePosted 1/19/2012 1:44:57 PM
boy_luck posted...
Big shields are helpful too. They are more stable and when blocking, the skeletons drain less stamina from you. However, as said by the poster above, the fog ring works wonders.

I agree with your advice, but realize the poster said he's trying to get past them on NG+ with a level one character. At level one, there isn't a single greatshield you can wield with one hand. :(
---
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam
Et lingua eius loqueter indicium
#7oogarasuPosted 1/19/2012 1:45:03 PM
boy_luck posted...

He can't use a big shield. As a level 1, only thing you can do is run and dodge I think. You won't have the stamina to block them
#8boy_luckPosted 1/19/2012 1:49:39 PM
oogarasu posted...
boy_luck posted...

He can't use a big shield. As a level 1, only thing you can do is run and dodge I think. You won't have the stamina to block them

Well, at any rate, I wonder how this level 1 thing works. I mean, if you can go through an entire playthrough while SL 1 (which I still don't get because, as far as I know, you can't delevel in this game), you should't have much trouble with the game in general, even NG+.

Oh well... whatever, good luck anyway.
---
Lady luck is my best friend!
#9aak57Posted 1/19/2012 1:50:13 PM
You could try a light crossbow.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#10dthomas125Posted 1/19/2012 1:51:24 PM
Alluring Skulls