Most Effective Spells in PvP?

#1IssacFrostPosted 2/7/2012 12:33:23 PM
I find that a lot of spells aren't very useful in PvP but I'd like opinions of spells you believe are PvP effective.

In my experience:
Pyromancy
Great Combustion

Miracles
Wrath of the Gods
Great Magic Barrier
Sunlight Blade
Darkmoon Blade

Sorcery
Crystal Soul Spear
Crystal Homing Soul Mass
Crystal Magic Weapon
#2KingofAtrophyPosted 2/7/2012 12:53:05 PM
Pretty much sums it up. There are some gimmick spells that are minorly useful and situational but that list is pretty comprehensive.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Skyrim, World of Warcraft
GT: Franco F Crazy
#3zachammerPosted 2/7/2012 12:53:39 PM
I've found that most sorceries are only good at making the other player roll more, but you can bait them this way, especially running at them with HCSM. CSS has a funky hitbox with the lag, so you can cheese some folks with it, otherwise its mostly good for people running away. CMW obviously rules.

I may get slandered for this but i tend to keep white dragon breath equipped, if you can manual aim it youd be surprised how many times you catch people offguard (probably not the pros, VERY punishable if you dont know what youre doing.) With tcc I wiped out a line of 3 derpmask ganksters, most satisfying moment in the game so far. Come to think of it, thats probably why i leave it.
---
There's no sense in prayin' to he who is slavin' you.
#4LivesPosted 2/7/2012 12:59:53 PM
Pyromancy.. I'm a fan of Fire Whip simple because you can trace it around in the air somewhat,a nd make it's radius larger so there is a better chance you hit something with it. Fire Surge is not great for dealing damage, but you can cast it while you are moving, which is always nice. Acid, Poison, Toxic are good for controlling your space, along with (minimally) the Chaos spells.

Sorcery... I actually think the Hidden Body, Hidden Weapon, and Chameleon spells can be useful either if you are invading or being invaded.

Miracles.... Like above... WOTG is useful if it is a little annoying. Too bad those lightning/sunlight projectiles are so slow. They would be fun to use in PVP otherwise. Of course... any buffs are good for dealing damage :)
#5IssacFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 1:19:11 PM
Lives posted...
Pyromancy.. I'm a fan of Fire Whip simple because you can trace it around in the air somewhat,a nd make it's radius larger so there is a better chance you hit something with it. Fire Surge is not great for dealing damage, but you can cast it while you are moving, which is always nice. Acid, Poison, Toxic are good for controlling your space, along with (minimally) the Chaos spells.

Sorcery... I actually think the Hidden Body, Hidden Weapon, and Chameleon spells can be useful either if you are invading or being invaded.

Miracles.... Like above... WOTG is useful if it is a little annoying. Too bad those lightning/sunlight projectiles are so slow. They would be fun to use in PVP otherwise. Of course... any buffs are good for dealing damage :)

I like the mists ideas but I wish they would have been AoE and expelled by the caster an amount of time similar to TWoP. Not a large radius, very quickly building status bar, affects everyone in range even caster but 50% less effective on them. Acid Surge I wish it was like an Acid Spray.

I also wish Pyromancy and Sorcery had their own AoE de-buff effect like Pyromancy could have something akin to having an AoE lava like effect but with less damage than the actual lava causing constant damage and durability damage (maybe similar damage with the Charred Ring on lava except a bit more to make it dangerous)

Sorcery should also have their own debuff. I think they should release a crystal like field that constantly protrudes crystals around the caster and build up bleed "damage" very quickly an AoE again similar to TWoP but only affecting enemies.
#6zyrax2301Posted 2/7/2012 1:21:26 PM
Aural decoy

Charge spell at point blank
Opponent craps pants
*doof* kyahahahaha

lulz all round
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7IssacFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 3:16:48 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Aural decoy

Charge spell at point blank
Opponent craps pants
*doof* kyahahahaha

lulz all round

Ah Aural Decay is like a feint(?) But wouldn't that slot be better with something more damaging or useful?

I wish Pyromancy was faster and more effective then it is. The necromancer's Fireball and Shiva's bodyguard "Fire Surge" as well as the Painted World Pyromancer's who send pretty fast large blasts of fire... Why in blazes didn't we get these? Heck it would have been nice to have a Pyromancy spell with 3 Uses and that was an explosive grab like Gwyn. Heh its like they got the good stuff and we got shafted...
#8zyrax2301Posted 2/7/2012 3:22:12 PM
It's just for lulz
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#9OE_ExorcetPosted 2/7/2012 3:31:00 PM
Dueling or any PvP?

Force should be on the list. Even if you have multiple WoG's, Force is still pretty helpful. I really like it on my Zwei build because of the quickness.

Chemeleon has uses, even in a duel. Use it to disguise movement, ie rolling attack, or spell.
---
Omega Echelon at armoredcoreuniverse.net
AC4 player community PSN: Exorcet XBL: OE Exorcet
#10Vapid_ZeroPosted 2/7/2012 3:31:19 PM
IssacFrost posted...
I wish Pyromancy was faster and more effective then it is.

You got great combustion spam with it's ridiculous wonky hitbox, don't complain.
---
This Game Is Broke, Gives All Points To Target Holder!1!
- DS