Estoc vs Ricards Rapier

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Estoc vs Ricards Rapier

User Info: Blocktopus

Blocktopus
4 years ago#1
I know this is a repeated topic, but I've never really used the estoc before (I had it, but it's not here anymore so I guess i'll just get it again when i start NG+).

I'm getting a ton of mixed opinions from people so are there any pros/cons between the two? Which one is better lightning +5?

User Info: Drago77

Drago77
4 years ago#2
I prefer Estoc because it has longer reach, Ricard's has fancier moves but it requires higher stat investment and for A-scaling in dex it does not have that great of returns.
\o/

User Info: KOTRsss

KOTRsss
4 years ago#3
On my dex build (40 dex, 28 str), I'm pretty sure that ricard's rapier was outclassed by a normal rapier damage wise by the time they got to +14.
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."

User Info: eclipse_exe

eclipse_exe
4 years ago#4
the main reason the ricards rapier is so good is because of its r2 attack, get it with a damage type that isn't 100%blocked by sheilds and watch there hp and stamina drain.
psn: supersoniccd
Havel's ring needs Nerf'd, not DWGR

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#5
The R2 attack is a boss killer but not good for much else.

Estoc > Ricard raper
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: KishinZephrite

KishinZephrite
4 years ago#6
Estoc because of the minimal str/dex req, but Ricard's if your build is dex. based.
MW2 3rd prestige 5.5 K/D Youtube-Kishinz
BO 3rd prestige 4.4 K/D PSN: KishinOmega

User Info: Kratos_Plays_DS

Kratos_Plays_DS
4 years ago#7
If it's buffed, I prefer Ricard's. If not, Estoc will do the trick.
'Hi. It's like hello, only shorter.' - Gregory House

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
4 years ago#8
What a joke this guy plays xbox 360 and says everyone needs to be more helpful yet he posts on PS3 boards.
~The Dark Souls of humanity reside in Blighttown~
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Estoc vs Ricards Rapier

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived