Balancing armor: set bonuses?

#1KOTRsssPosted 2/17/2012 11:34:17 PM
What would you think of the idea? Personally I'm tired of having no reason to use 90% of armor other than for looks.

What if armor sets had various bonuses depending on the set that you only got for wearing the complete set?

For example, the shadow set's complete set bonus could be the ring of fog effect.

Favor set could give a 20% bonus to total stamina value

Eastern set provides a bonus to bleed weapons

Hollow thief set could increase backstab damage by 20% or so

Stone set could cut damage taken by 30% when not moving or something like that

A stamina regen bonus might be good for a lighter set like wanderer's

And full havel's could make you whinny whenever you take damage.

Just a few ideas. I think something like this would make armor selection significantly more interesting. Thoughts?
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#2aneed4peedPosted 2/17/2012 11:36:55 PM
Aye makes sense.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/FTmkH.jpg]
#3Burst_StreamPosted 2/17/2012 11:40:05 PM
also how about having mini-bonuses for having 2 of the same pieces. For example with your Favor idea having 2 of them would give you a mini-bonus of say 5% and 10% for having 3.
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE| Playing: Dark Souls - SL111 Mage |
\o/ - Sunbros forever!
#4BombayNugzPosted 2/17/2012 11:46:18 PM
I actually really like that idea..
---
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#5KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2012 11:51:33 PM
Standard thief set = slumbering dragoncrest ring

Partial set bonuses I think would still lead to the problem of mixing/matching imbalance. For example I wouldnt really want to see people running around in Giant's armor and legs and then 3 pieces of hollow thief's for the backstab bonus.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#6kingknottsPosted 2/18/2012 12:04:03 AM
I say exclude the head from some sets or allow certain ones to be replaced ...
#7Pang TongPosted 2/18/2012 12:30:24 AM
Not a bad idea, as many games have implemented similar systems, but people would still run nothing but Havel's, etc...

I also think that there should be no partial set bonus, as it defeats the purpose.
---
PSN: Random_Name_63