Magic in PVP?

#1MerlinCrossPosted 2/18/2012 1:32:03 PM
Given that everyone is flip rolling with that ring and fishing for BS, is that why I don't see a lot of people online using magic?

Yeah there's the homing soul arrows spell and Pryo has a bunch of area affect but by the time you cast it the guy has either dodged to the side of you or scored a back stab. And with lightning weapons being everywhere, that Iron Form spell is really useless.

Anyone else think this way?
#2Nasada19Posted 2/18/2012 1:34:46 PM
Soul Spear is decent with the power of lag on your side. Also it and the lightning spear miracles are good for punishing runners. When it comes to pyromancy great combustion is good with it's odd hitbox and there are the fireball spells IF YOU DON'T LOCK ON.
---
There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
#3SteamyPunkPosted 2/18/2012 2:21:17 PM

There are some mage pros out there but it is pretty much useless in PVP in dual situations. I've won so many invasions when the guy with superior gear has me on the ropes but decides to swap his MLGS with a catalyst and finish me off with a spell. Unless you enjoy being backstabbed, don't use magic if your opponent is on the same plane.

One thing you can do to guarantee a win in a duel is bow to the guy as he spawns and when he bows back, pull out your Logan's catalyst. Right as he's thinking "That dirty bast--!!" you run up and unleash the full force of Aural Decoy right in their face. At this point you've already won the fight and anything else is just bonus! ^^

#4TMRavenPosted 2/18/2012 2:56:32 PM
I run a mage with 2x great soul arrow and 2x great heavy soul arrow. Havn't had much experience with her so far, but I have landeed at least one per fight. With 45 dex the great heavy soul arrows are sped up significantly, just a little slower than soul spear at base dex.

I don't like homing crystal mass much. It's never scared me.
---
www.armoredcoreuniverse.net
#5sooofakePosted 2/18/2012 3:01:49 PM
magic is amazing in any sort of "combat" situation where there is a bunch of crap going on (2vs2, 2vs you + forest friend NPCs)...

in a 1vs1 situation, yes, it is very difficult to land ANYTHING.. but it's certainly possible... given the controls of the game they might put themselves into that 2nd or 3rd swing giving you just enough time to pop them.

but I laugh when anyone complains about how "cheap" crystal soul spear is.. ha ha ha.. try landing one yourself in pvp, my friend, and then come back here and call it cheap.
#6Scr3w3dUpPosted 2/18/2012 3:03:33 PM
SteamyPunk posted...
One thing you can do to guarantee a win in a duel is bow to the guy as he spawns and when he bows back, pull out your Logan's catalyst. Right as he's thinking "That dirty bast--!!" you run up and unleash the full force of Aural Decoy right in their face. At this point you've already won the fight and anything else is just bonus! ^^

Im doing this in duels, its so funny when they desperately try to dodge a laugh xD
---
You were that lonely? You should have children...
You'll never be lonely, plus you get to watch them grow into delicious little angels. - BreakJob