Getting backstabbed after I backstab

#1dizzy_pigPosted 2/25/2012 10:17:52 PM
When you are PvP 1v2 , is there any way to avoid getting backstabbed by 2nd opponent after your backstab animation finishes on the 1st opponent?
#2TorebackulaPosted 2/25/2012 10:23:56 PM
I usually roll backwards, towards the opponent's shoulder. Worst case you eat an R1, and with enough poise can land a BS on them :D
---
Is this really happening? I just shotgunned a 40 of Robitussin and everything's kinda awesome.
PSN: Supa_Stoner420
#3king_darksPosted 2/25/2012 10:52:19 PM
Torebackula posted...
I usually roll backwards, towards the opponent's shoulder. Worst case you eat an R1, and with enough poise can land a BS on them :D

Does this work? Been getting chainstabbed in the forest by cheap invaders.
---
Will not change sig untill people stop believing in the invisible man in the sky. Mw3 is the hardest game ever made.
#4MerydiaPosted 2/26/2012 5:17:19 AM
This should help you understand backstabs a bit better (including chain backstabs/backstabs while recovering or getting up, such as in your situation):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsp6k4830a0
---
Dear certain "girl gamers": please don't shame our gender by manipulating the men we play with or by using games as an excuse to be egotistical hags.
#5dizzy_pig(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 7:01:47 PM
I have seen the video. It's a good one.

But i'm not talking about getting chain backstabbed. I'm talking about getting backstabbed after having just finished a backstab yourself.

I might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a grace period after where you can just eat a regular hit instead of getting backstabbed. I've tried rolling toward, rolling away, rolling sideways, just turning around, blocking, standing still...nothing seems to counter it.

Ideas?
#6zyrax2301Posted 2/26/2012 7:03:43 PM
I've seen this topic so many times...this never ever happens to me.

People get behind me and try, but I just roll away. I always got the idea that you were immune to a BS immediately after performing one yourself. I never see them land.

Maybe I'm a lag machine, I do live in an awesome possie after all.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7TorebackulaPosted 2/26/2012 8:34:03 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
I've seen this topic so many times...this never ever happens to me.

People get behind me and try, but I just roll away. I always got the idea that you were immune to a BS immediately after performing one yourself. I never see them land.

This. If you keep getting hit try rolling earlier, because I never get hit like this either.
---
Is this really happening? I just shotgunned a 40 of Robitussin and everything's kinda awesome.
PSN: Supa_Stoner420
#8kuterPosted 2/26/2012 8:46:32 PM
Rolling toward their left side usually work for me when they try to backstab me
#9MerydiaPosted 2/27/2012 4:56:53 AM
dizzy_pig posted...
I have seen the video. It's a good one.

But i'm not talking about getting chain backstabbed. I'm talking about getting backstabbed after having just finished a backstab yourself.

I might be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a grace period after where you can just eat a regular hit instead of getting backstabbed. I've tried rolling toward, rolling away, rolling sideways, just turning around, blocking, standing still...nothing seems to counter it.

Ideas?

I'm sorry if I came off as misunderstanding your situation, I didn't mean to. I understand that you're having a difficult time dealing with being backstabbed after you recover from performing one yourself.

I linked you that video because most (but not all) of the same principles of avoiding chain backstabs loosely apply to your situation. No, there is no grace period, but rolling towards someone camping my spine after I just removed one does seem to help. As an above poster said: I like to roll slightly to their side (their left or my right) behind them.

I also try to lock on to them mid-roll and immediately backpedal when getting up, as a few people are tricky enough to wait for you to roll and sprint after you for a backstab when you recover from the roll (again, much as in chain backstabs), though I think this won't prevent it if they're quick and calculating enough.

You can also try turning around and riposting someone who's using a faster weapon. It's risky because it relies on them being a second too slow, but it's pretty neat when you actually manage it and can put you at a huge advantage.

Good luck!
---
Dear certain "girl gamers": please don't shame our gender by manipulating the men we play with or by using games as an excuse to be egotistical hags.