The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I'm glad the story in Demon's and Dark Souls were done the way they were done.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I'm glad the story in Demon's and Dark Souls were done the way they were done.
3 years ago#1
RPG stories are often anything but good and take away from roleplaying. Just give me a framework and some objectives then let me roleplay. I'm tired of playing interactive movies.
3 years ago#2
Amen.

One of the reason I couldn't play FF13. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.
---
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon
3 years ago#3
Praise the FROM!
3 years ago#4
Yeah, it was really exciting to roleplay as either someone who links the fire or doesn't. I haven't seen such an open story since Gran Turismo, where I played a guy who used to struggle with his identity because people made fun of him for enjoying crochet and his dad was abusive.
---
I said, with a posed look.
3 years ago#5
Sure, if you ignore everything in between and character customization.
(edited 0 seconds ago)
3 years ago#6
It's great, despite the lack of drawn out story presentation, both games have two very immersive/addictive worlds that do have great characters.

They don't don't annoy you
They allow you to speculate a lot more because they are mysterious to coincide with the vague story.
3 years ago#7
The open to suggestion story in DeS and DkS is a fantastic idea. Peoples discussions about what they think, put it together and you have some interesting ideas and stories.

I see topics about 'I hate this game because theres no story'. Just shows that some people cant look beyond a 'solid' story and give their own thoughts on a loose one.

Kinda sad really.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
Life, the longest dream we'll ever have before we sleep
3 years ago#8
CrimsonAnimus posted...
Amen.

One of the reason I couldn't play FF13. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.

Oh god this times a million. I didn't even get past the whole ice place because I was sick of that crap. That game was a disappointment.
---
Just kidding, nobody cares.
3 years ago#9
HeavensEnd posted...
The open to suggestion story in DeS and DkS is a fantastic idea. Peoples discussions about what they think, put it together and you have some interesting ideas and stories.

I see topics about 'I hate this game because theres no story'. Just shows that some people cant look beyond a 'solid' story and give their own thoughts on a loose one.

Kinda sad really.

wait, im supposed to make stuff up as i go? damn it, im playing this game wrong.
---
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
3 years ago#10
Journey does is right. Nothing but drawings on walls explain who you are and why you are doing what you are doing. I like living in a world and finding out how it works, I love the Myst series and you are doing nothing but reading bits of paper here and there and observing things,
---
Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I'm glad the story in Demon's and Dark Souls were done the way they were done.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived