The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I'm glad the story in Demon's and Dark Souls were done the way they were done.

#1SolidKnightPosted 4/4/2012 4:35:18 PM
RPG stories are often anything but good and take away from roleplaying. Just give me a framework and some objectives then let me roleplay. I'm tired of playing interactive movies.
#2CrimsonAnimusPosted 4/4/2012 4:36:02 PM
Amen.

One of the reason I couldn't play FF13. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.
---
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." ~ Ambrose Redmoon
#3OohehePosted 4/4/2012 4:42:36 PM
Praise the FROM!
#4aak57Posted 4/4/2012 4:49:55 PM
Yeah, it was really exciting to roleplay as either someone who links the fire or doesn't. I haven't seen such an open story since Gran Turismo, where I played a guy who used to struggle with his identity because people made fun of him for enjoying crochet and his dad was abusive.
---
I said, with a posed look.
#5SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2012 4:54:16 PM(edited)
Sure, if you ignore everything in between and character customization.
#6Hades192Posted 4/4/2012 5:06:05 PM
It's great, despite the lack of drawn out story presentation, both games have two very immersive/addictive worlds that do have great characters.

They don't don't annoy you
They allow you to speculate a lot more because they are mysterious to coincide with the vague story.
#7HeavensEndPosted 4/4/2012 5:09:12 PM
The open to suggestion story in DeS and DkS is a fantastic idea. Peoples discussions about what they think, put it together and you have some interesting ideas and stories.

I see topics about 'I hate this game because theres no story'. Just shows that some people cant look beyond a 'solid' story and give their own thoughts on a loose one.

Kinda sad really.
---
PSN: DyingDreams
Life, the longest dream we'll ever have before we sleep
#8BlocktopusPosted 4/4/2012 5:14:55 PM
CrimsonAnimus posted...
Amen.

One of the reason I couldn't play FF13. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.

Oh god this times a million. I didn't even get past the whole ice place because I was sick of that crap. That game was a disappointment.
---
Just kidding, nobody cares.
#9GotTheGreensPosted 4/4/2012 5:16:09 PM
HeavensEnd posted...
The open to suggestion story in DeS and DkS is a fantastic idea. Peoples discussions about what they think, put it together and you have some interesting ideas and stories.

I see topics about 'I hate this game because theres no story'. Just shows that some people cant look beyond a 'solid' story and give their own thoughts on a loose one.

Kinda sad really.

wait, im supposed to make stuff up as i go? damn it, im playing this game wrong.
---
Stop! You've violated the law! Pay the court fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
#10snoognz123Posted 4/4/2012 6:09:47 PM
Journey does is right. Nothing but drawings on walls explain who you are and why you are doing what you are doing. I like living in a world and finding out how it works, I love the Myst series and you are doing nothing but reading bits of paper here and there and observing things,
---
Assumption is the mother of all stuff ups.