Strength build question

#1Very_Old_SnakePosted 5/3/2012 10:57:27 AM
Why is the DGM so good? what can it do in pvp? and is dragon bone fist terrible?
---
GT: Reppuh
PSN: oShudder
#2LivesPosted 5/3/2012 10:58:53 AM
Build them.... then find out if you like them =)
#3Very_Old_Snake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 11:03:34 AM
cool answer, that was a big help, be more of a help if you answered what the topic was about ;D
---
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 5/3/2012 11:08:47 AM
Fist weapons are terrible in general. Usable for PvE if you know what you are doing, useable in PvP only if the opponent is a complete noob.

DGM hits like a truck, but it cannot stunlock like the zweihander can since its swings more slowly. The best STR weapons imo are the great club, large club, and the man serpent greatsword.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5Very_Old_Snake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 11:11:28 AM
Thank you shadow, i didn't think the DGM hit fast enough to stun lock, so i was wondering why ppl glorify it. And that sucks about fist weapons since thats the only weapon with an S in STR
---
#6aak57Posted 5/3/2012 11:13:12 AM
I don't think anyone glorifies it. They just suggest it for strength builds because it has good scaling.
---
PSN/Steam: a_ak57
http://i.imgur.com/YiCcj.jpg
#7Very_Old_Snake(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 11:17:19 AM
well i was gonna use that, MSG, or Demon's Great Hammer. i refuse to use the zwei or claymore, unoriginality and such
---
#8shadowsofdawnPosted 5/3/2012 11:18:54 AM
Very_Old_Snake posted...
Thank you shadow, i didn't think the DGM hit fast enough to stun lock, so i was wondering why ppl glorify it. And that sucks about fist weapons since thats the only weapon with an S in STR

The demon greataxe also has an S for STR scaling, but it isn't that much stronger than the DGM or great club and has a much worse moveset.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9LivesPosted 5/3/2012 11:31:51 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Fist weapons are terrible in general. Usable for PvE if you know what you are doing, useable in PvP only if the opponent is a complete noob.

DGM hits like a truck, but it cannot stunlock like the zweihander can since its swings more slowly. The best STR weapons imo are the great club, large club, and the man serpent greatsword.

I would second the MSGS for a strength build. Just based on movesets, I've never been that big of the clubs for some reason. The big ones I like more than the small ones since... I suppose if you are going to have a slow weapon, might as well have a slow weapon with tons of damage. I would say that's why people like the Zweihander so much... not only does it have a lot of power, but it stuns like a mofo. But I've just never been fond of those clubs' movesets.

This is why I said you should just build them. It all depends on how you play. If I were doing a strength build, I'd probably go MSGS. I'm not sure how you play, so you should build each and experiment.
#10eugene1222Posted 5/3/2012 11:53:43 AM
MSGS is basically a slightly shorter, single stat scaling claymore.

DGM is a slower zweihander with much more useless R2s and again single stat scaling.

The clubs/DGHammer are great because of their 2 handed rolling attack.
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.