So I platinumed Demon Souls... But THIS... THIS...

#1TheKurowPosted 5/3/2012 12:26:56 PM
IS MADNESS.

I'm in the Undead place, a couple of steps after the first campfire you start out in... I can't describe how many times I've died against the huge Skeleton with the big ass sword, or the fat armored guy down the tower (used master key)... I literally hit them 15s tops, the tip of their hp bar >_> I keep losing souls... I'm still Lv4-5...

I just want to get my first large / extra large sword and start upgrading it already :/ going through these maps takes forever (if you play a bit a day)
---
PSN - Aphatos.
Deviant Art - http://biackcrow.deviantart.com/
#2FinalWolfPosted 5/3/2012 12:28:46 PM
you are going the right man way keep trucking
---
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/finaldemon1/1314830395082.png
#3aak57Posted 5/3/2012 12:33:08 PM
I'll be "that guy" and point out that getting a platinum doesn't mean you're good, just means you like to spend time farming achievements.
---
PSN/Steam: a_ak57
http://i.imgur.com/YiCcj.jpg
#4Saiyuki72Posted 5/3/2012 12:37:20 PM
The graveyard in Firelink shouldn't exactly be approached right at the beginning of the game. And for Havel, the guy who you find after using the Master Key in the tower, is more easily defeated with backstabs and no armor to move faster. If you just circle around him fishing for backstabs, you should be fine.

And achievements mean crap.
#5Frank_PoolePosted 5/3/2012 12:42:58 PM

Yea the trophies in this game are complete garbage. I mean, I still got them because I'm an obsessive completionist, but it's not like I felt some sort of grand accomplishment upon recieving them. Why couldn't they have come up with some unique challenges?

#6TheKurow(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 12:43:44 PM
Ok so you guys hate achievements, that's cool with me. I still know I was the damn BOSS with the demon warrior build (spells + extra large sword kb whoring) I won 99% of every duel I had.

Nuff o' dat, if i'm not supposed to be going this way (even though I know the large skeletons drops extra large swords AND I WANT ONE) then where did I take the wrong turn? I have like no sense of direction irl, imagine in this game... Now everything is on the same map, unlike Demon Souls where the Nexus guided you foremostly :/
---
PSN - Aphatos.
Deviant Art - http://biackcrow.deviantart.com/
#7SteamyPunkPosted 5/3/2012 12:46:01 PM

From where you would go down to fight Havel, go upstairs instead.

#8aak57Posted 5/3/2012 12:46:25 PM
You know that a set of stairs next to that door you opened with the Master Key? How's about try going up them?
---
PSN/Steam: a_ak57
http://i.imgur.com/YiCcj.jpg
#9John_8_RamboPosted 5/3/2012 12:49:28 PM
TheKurow posted...
Ok so you guys hate achievements, that's cool with me. I still know I was the damn BOSS with the demon warrior build (spells + extra large sword kb whoring) I won 99% of every duel I had.

Nuff o' dat, if i'm not supposed to be going this way (even though I know the large skeletons drops extra large swords AND I WANT ONE) then where did I take the wrong turn? I have like no sense of direction irl, imagine in this game... Now everything is on the same map, unlike Demon Souls where the Nexus guided you foremostly :/

There's a zweihander in the graveyard if you want something like the dragon bone smasher but the sword the big skellies drop is the murakumo, which requires a lot of strength but actually scales with dex, so unless you're going quality build forget about the skellies' swords.

And you're going the wrong way (sorry to ruin fun). Go towards the well with the corpse hanging in it from the bonfire and you'll see a path winding up a mountainside. That's the way to go...
---
PSN: John_J_Rambo
#10DeceitfulWingsPosted 5/3/2012 1:04:20 PM(edited)
TheKurow posted...

Those extra large skeletons in the Graveyard at Firelink drop the Murakumo. You won't be able to use it for a while as you need 28Str and 13 Dex. However at your current level and weapons those Big Skeletons aren't exactly easy to defeat.

I'd keep on progressing to clear the Undead Burg and Taurus Demon. On the bridge not to far away after the Taurus Demon you'll find the bridge guarded by a hellkite dragon. You can pick up the Claymore on the bridge which is an awesome weapon and the stat requirements aren't too bad to use it. 16Str and 10Dex.

Like the above poster mentioned you can run the graveyard to pick up the items, near the end there should be the Zweihander (24Str and 10 Dex). Great weapon but you won't even be able to two hand it until you at least hit 16Str.
---
Currently Playing: | 360: Dark Souls | PS3: MW3 | Wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade |