How would you rank the Greatswords from best to worst?

#1wpninjaPosted 5/7/2012 12:36:13 AM
Personally I think the Man Serpent Great sword is the best. My reasoning is that it only needs 27 strength to be the strongest and anymore would be a waste in stats giving you tons of stats for vit and end. and also faith and int for buffs.

Moonlight great sword would be my next pick, with its full magic AR you can chip people to death through their shields not to mention it has the best range next to the Great Sword of Artoise *Spelling?*

What are all of your thoughts?
---
No Time 2 Sex, Must Fight Evil!
#2Eeshaan1685Posted 5/7/2012 12:38:40 AM
Lightning Zweihander FTW :D
#3eugene1222Posted 5/7/2012 12:40:47 AM
Ranking from best to worst:

Scimitar

Silver knight spear

Everything else

Broken sword hilt

Heavy str weapons

lmao

To be cereal, I would say great sword of artorias (cursed) could potentially be the best (its got like 30% more range compared to other greatswords but requires 18 faith and int to wield which is quite a trade off) great lord greatsword for no-buff builds, msgs and black knight sword for str builds, and claymore and then bastard sword for quality builds.
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#4wpninja(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 12:41:07 AM
^Thats not even in the same category lol, That's an ultra greatsword.
---
#5Eeshaan1685Posted 5/7/2012 12:45:31 AM
wpninja posted...
^Thats not even in the same category lol, That's an ultra greatsword.

Well in that case the Black Knight sword has a nice moveset. Claymore + 15 is also good.
#6Burst_StreamPosted 5/7/2012 1:49:46 AM
Moonlight Greatsword
Man-Serpent Greatsword
Claymore

Everything else.
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE
Dark Souls: SL 125, SL 120 (main), SL 1
#7wpninja(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:21:31 AM
Also had a question to anyone that has used the flamberg often. Has anybody here even effected anyone with bleed? I spent a whole day in the burg with it and killed 40 something invaders and have yet to see it make somebody bleed.
---
#8aneed4peedPosted 5/7/2012 3:34:37 AM

Also had a question to anyone that has used the flamberg often. Has anybody here even effected anyone with bleed? I spent a whole day in the burg with it and killed 40 something invaders and have yet to see it make somebody bleed.

Yeah... good luck with trying to kill anyone competent with bleed. One thing you can do though is get in a few hits until they're like 1 hit away from taking bleed damage, then either quickly circle around for a BS or do a rollstab to add the bleed onto the BS damage. But then again, by the time you get to the bleed limit, your opponent would be almost dead already...

So yeah... dont expect to kill someone with bleed. However, its an amazing pressure tactic and a get modification by FROM from Demon's Souls' bleed.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/aneed762/FTmkH.jpg]
#9TheKurowPosted 5/7/2012 3:58:05 AM
Extra Large Swords ftw. I feel like Cloud with a Buster Sword demolishing through everything.
---
PSN - Aphatos.
Deviant Art - http://biackcrow.deviantart.com/
#10punkband12Posted 5/7/2012 4:01:17 AM
Ultra Greatswords make me feel like I'm Guts.

That's the one thing that disappointed me the most in Dark Souls, no return of the Dragon Bone Smasher/Keel Smasher, that thing was the (*%ing bomb.
Zweihander works alright though.
---
Pyro is satan mode, everyone burns. - Folka_Albark