Claymore- best version?

#1Jimmyboy85Posted 5/11/2012 6:54:43 PM
Hi guys, as the name says I have a claymore. It's at +5 and I'm wondering where to go from here. I hear alot about the lightning claymore, or chaos, or raw etc. which one would be best for me? I'm pretty focused on str and I wanna maximize damage without switching to something like the zweihander (too slow for me). Any help would be awesome.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#2sorldierm1979Posted 5/11/2012 7:09:54 PM
Well you need to be +10 before going the lightning route.

I would say use lightning or chaos at lower levels.

But If you are going higher up lv wise than I'd say go for a +15.
---
KING /( x )\ HIPPO
"It's like a thousand little kitty cats scratching my balls as I skeet skeet skeet all over the walls!"
#3xdifferentxPosted 5/11/2012 7:24:18 PM
with 40str, lightning claymore still out damages +15 claymore, the only reason to actually use +15 weapons is if you plan to buff it with sunlight blade, crystal magic weapon, etc.
#4HaemorrhagePosted 5/11/2012 7:32:23 PM
Your better off using the Man Serpent Sword.It scales better with str.The claymore has C/C scaling and gets pretty badass with 40 in both str and dex.
#5Jimmyboy85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 8:56:19 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. So if I go lightning it's good for lower level, but if I'm planning on leveling beyond 100 I wanna go +15? Also, just curious, does changing it to lightning or whatever change it's looks? Not important but would be cool if I has lightning on he blade or something :)
---
#6Burst_StreamPosted 5/11/2012 8:59:20 PM

Thanks for the quick replies. So if I go lightning it's good for lower level, but if I'm planning on leveling beyond 100 I wanna go +15? Also, just curious, does changing it to lightning or whatever change it's looks? Not important but would be cool if I has lightning on he blade or something :)

No it doesn't, but it makes that annoying bzzzt sound whenever you hit something.

And the version you use all depends on your stats. If you have a quality build (27 STR, 40 DEX or something like that) then +15 is superior because Claymore scales C/C on STR/DEX. If you don't have high stats on both and are not planning to buff it then Lightning/Chaos is the better route.
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE
Dark Souls: SL 125, SL 120 (main), SL 1
#7Jimmyboy85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 9:21:37 PM
Well in that case +15 might be best for me. I plan on dumping a lot of points into str :)
---
#8Burst_StreamPosted 5/11/2012 9:24:44 PM

Well in that case +15 might be best for me. I plan on dumping a lot of points into str :)

Actually you need both STR and DEX high for it to be good. If you're only putting points in STR then Man-Serpent Greatsword is a better choice for you.
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE
Dark Souls: SL 125, SL 120 (main), SL 1
#9Drago77Posted 5/11/2012 10:57:07 PM
Burst_Stream posted...
Actually you need both STR and DEX high for it to be good. If you're only putting points in STR then Man-Serpent Greatsword is a better choice for you.

This man speaks the truth. I really dont recommend using the claymore on the strength build, however, it is a great choice for a quality build at 28 str and 40 dex. On the opposite side, you can leave your strength and dexterity at 16 and 10 and put those points somewhere else and have a lightning or chaos claymore which will do plenty of damage.
---
\o/
#10Raganork10Posted 5/11/2012 11:10:32 PM
Just make it lightning +5. Then you can stat dump into end/vit to make yourself a walking tank.
---
Activision: slowly milking franchises to beyond the point of no return...