I hate playing against the washing pole in pvp.

#1AhrimanPosted 5/30/2012 4:34:28 PM
I'd even rather play against a big spear user than a washing pole. I've seen people just pull off ridiculous phantom hits with it. You can play perfectly with almost no lag and still get tagged. If they've got it lit up with Sunlight blade or something, forget about it.
---
Chikubi ga itai. Hontou ni- Mattaku kayuku itai. Bakuzen to aamondo to niru...
#2Frank_PoolePosted 5/30/2012 4:56:36 PM
Wait out the buff if necessary, then pull out a long spear. If anything, spears are more OP.

You got this.
#3nateewenPosted 5/30/2012 5:05:58 PM
Lol very ironic I just played against a dmb wp user and I was getting tagged with him facing the opposite direction. Possibly has the best phantom hits out of all the weapons...
---
PSN: Sleepyydwarf
#4Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 5/30/2012 5:29:31 PM
The Washing Pole is good, but it does have weaknesses. For one, it's combo capability is not as good as other weapons (like the Zwei or Murakumo). Second, it's durability is pretty much the worst in the game. If you're REALLY sick of fighting Washing Pole users, get some pyromancy and bust out Acid Cloud on them to really screw them over.
#5EWGFPosted 5/30/2012 5:57:15 PM
Ryan_SilverFox posted...
The Washing Pole is good, but it does have weaknesses. For one, it's combo capability is not as good as other weapons (like the Zwei or Murakumo). Second, it's durability is pretty much the worst in the game. If you're REALLY sick of fighting Washing Pole users, get some pyromancy and bust out Acid Cloud on them to really screw them over.

To be specific is has one two-hit that can be done in two-handed grip, and it starts from R2... so it has no combo proclivity really.

Anywho' washing pole has poor damage, no combo ability, and generally sucks. The only thing it has is phantom range.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#6BombayNugzPosted 5/30/2012 6:03:17 PM
Its stupid easy to roll bs as well. Still i like it cuz it a huge katana.
---
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420 ----- SotC is Epic.
#7AlltraPosted 5/30/2012 7:15:10 PM
"The only thing it has is phantom range."

Which is all it really needs to kick most people's asses.
---
Is the glass half empty? Is the glass half full? Who cares, fill it up!
#8EWGFPosted 5/30/2012 7:31:53 PM(edited)
Alltra posted...
"The only thing it has is phantom range."

Which is all it really needs to kick most people's asses.

I don't think "most" is the best word there (not to disagree, WP is shady). It's not consistent though, so playing with or against a WP is a crapshoot. You never know when you're getting the 1.5x longer version, since it frequently behaves normally. It could be worse, in DeS everything had insane random phantom range.
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#9TropicalwoodPosted 5/30/2012 7:43:20 PM
Two words "Acid Surge"
The washing pole is like a glass cannon, so a few seconds in the Acid Surge and it's done for.

Hoped that helps ;)
#10brisk36Posted 5/31/2012 2:27:41 AM
If anyone is seriously suggesting using acid cloud in pvp, then they deserve all the backstabs they're inevitably going to get.

WP is a good weapon, but really comes into it's own when buffed. Insane range aside, the running R1 attack is just killer and because the standard R1 is very fast, you can really cut people down with it (that's before bleed even comes into the equation). The best players who use it tend to get their pokes/rolling R1 slashes in, then back off again.

I tend to see it used most often in zero-poise duel areas. It's a fun weapon to use.